Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I'm a "Republic" advocate. The singing of the national anthem was half hearted at best in our stadium so I'm probably not alone in my apathy for people born to rule.
I remember a very mixed response to the national anthem from City fans before both the 1981 Cup Final matches against Spurs. The country was torn apart at the time under the Thatcher government and there was a strong anti-establishment feeling from most football fans. The Brixton riots had happened a few weeks earlier and a couple of months later Moss Side and Toxteth erupted. To be honest this country feels like it is heading the same way at the moment.

To be fair I'm a "Republic" advocate. The singing of the national anthem was half hearted at best in our stadium so I'm probably not alone in my apathy for people born to rule.
Did we boo it though ? No those who wanted to sing, sang. Those who didn’t want to sing just stood there.

That’s how you do things in a respectful manner.

Many of those booing at Liverpool have no memory of the late 70s and 80s so it’s hardly a personal protest.

ssn on vicky gomersal talking to lewis about article ghost written by shrek saying even rags struggled to win champions league but once they did the roll started and il'll be the same with city

ok thanks for that couldnt of been said in more dower tone
change subject

ssn on vicky gomersal talking to lewis about article ghost written by shrek saying even rags struggled to win champions league but once they did the roll started and il'll be the same with city

change subject
I am still waiting to see the start of United's roll in winning Champions Leagues! Two wins in 30 years (one on penalties) is not much of a roll!

change subject
"roll"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.