Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily United going full on Real Madrid, including the predictable stock picture of Pep looking confused. Rinse and repeat, it’s City. Reinsert and repeat, it’s City.

You’d think the Daily United would be backing City, the only PL team left in the semi-finals of the CL. But no, it's all about the La Liga team Real Madrid.

View attachment 77970

Don’t worry. If we turn them over, they’ll remember they are an over the hill bunch of chancers who are a mile behind Barcelona in the league and any other result would have been an abject failure for moneybags City.

That's not really the same though, is it?

How about if you went to a party where you were told that, to celebrate the completely unrelated promotion of a guy disliked by yourself and the other partygoers, you would be played a piece of music declaring his supremacy over you all?

Personally I wouldn't have booed yesterday because I don't feel strongly enough to do so, but the scouse booing has been my highlight of the coronation
To use your analogy, first what would you do ? Me, I'd say no your OK and go in the kitchen until it was over.
Yesterday many patriotic football fans sang, I am not an ignorant wanker who insists on spoiling something others agree with so I stayed silent.
Mind you, that's asking a lot of any scouser.

Rushden and Glendenning on Talksport openly displaying their anti City sentiment today. Rushden repeatedly bemoaning the fact that Leeds did not equalise and stating everyone but City fans wanted them to do so! Then they invite a Spanish journo on to expand on how good Real are and ask how they can beat City. The sheer joy in their voices when she said Modric would be back from injury on Tuesday. This would not happen to any other English club in Europe!

I‘m with you. I’m a Republican, but accept my views are in a minority. I stood quietly yesterday and respected the National Anthem. Not wanting a Royal Family is an opinion but it doesn’t make me hate England or want to disrespect the Country or it’s people. I am British and proud of it… just not a fan of the Royal circus. The dippers behaviour seems to have got some media coverage but no condemnation. Imagine if we’d done that.
Completely agree. I stood up in silence. I was actually torn yesterday. I’m patriotic and jealous of countries who allow citizens to wrap themselves in the flag without getting accused of being a goose stepping, racist, imperialist. I’m no monarchist though and many can’t separate the two. I’d happily sing the National Anthem if it were Jerusalem. Other countries (I’m thinking Scandinavia) have monarchies but they’re far more toned down. I’m buying an extra 4 pack of baked beans for the food bank and he’s riding about in a solid gold carriage. I enjoyed the bunting and flags though and accept other peoples opinions are different.

That's not really the same though, is it?

How about if you went to a party where you were told that, to celebrate the completely unrelated promotion of a guy disliked by yourself and the other partygoers, you would be played a piece of music declaring his supremacy over you all?

Personally I wouldn't have booed yesterday because I don't feel strongly enough to do so, but the scouse booing has been my highlight of the coronation
So when it suits them,they can abuse.
But when they are abused,they are offended.

Believe fat boy Rooney has written an excellent article in Times this morning, saying we'll destroy Madrid in semi, but also going against all other journalists in pointing out that CL can be work in progress and reminding people it took Utd many years to win the CL under Fergie. Also he feels when we get our first we'll win several

Is it me or has Haaland setting records made the media try another narrative to ease the pain of our rivals...

View attachment 77972

View attachment 77973

I think this one is you mate. Don’t think anyone can accuse the press of ignoring Haaland and his records this season.

But on a day he didn’t score, it’s not going to be hugely relevant.

The top one was just a little joke Kane made to the Match of the Day interviewer, knowing that Shearer would be in the studio listening.

I think this one is you mate. Don’t think anyone can accuse the press of ignoring Haaland and his records this season.

But on a day he didn’t score, it’s not going to be hugely relevant.

The top one was just a little joke Kane made to the Match of the Day interviewer, knowing that Shearer would be in the studio listening.
I didnt say they've ignored haaland? I do think they're getting in on the act though, appeasing their fans, with (obscure) records being broken by their player.... Sort of like utd being on for "the treble "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.