Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't checked if this has been mentioned on the topic of whether the ball was out or not. Besides beIN saying themselves before they showed it, that 'it is not conclusive'(Wenger's reaction after seeing it: "It's a fact, the ball was out" haha). Also, besides the fact that the ref/linesmen went with what they thought they saw and VAR could not get involved because there was a turnover of possession.

Has anyone mentioned Real's 2nd goal at the Etihad(54 mins 33sec) last season?

City were 3-1 up and the team were confident. KDB shields the ball out of play for a City throw-in, deep in Real Madrid's half, but the ref gives it to Real. The City players protest strongly. Pep, who was right next to it, protests so much that he gets a booking before play continues. 28 seconds later, Real have gone up the other end and scored. There was no turnover of possession either.

Anyone remember how that was seen as a controversial decision in Real's favour, that will potentially be remembered for years to come? No, nobody went with that narrative because VAR doesn't get involved on whether a set piece or throw-in was correctly awarded or not. There was no "it was still the wrong decision and Real benefitted from a mistake" argument being made either. They just moved on immediately from what I remember.

Last edited:
I've seen an article claiming Bernardo should have been off too. As bad as it looks in slow-motion(glad he wasn't sent to the screen) that was a yellow card at best, which IMO, the ref didn't want to do because then he'd have to give Real some. It was clumsy but it looks as though Bernardo was looking to plant his foot and that he took his weight off it as soon as he could. Camavinga didn't appeal for any card(credit to him for that) or even stay down, showing what kind of contact that was.

Some Real fans are claiming they could have had 2 penalties when neither were(both handball claims I think because I don't remember any other shouts). No articles thankfully.

I've seen no mention of Gundo being clattered 2 or 3 times(without winning the ball), leaving him holding his head on two different occasions, one of which wasn't even given as a foul. I think the effects of some of those certainly didn't help his game(needed treatment on the 28th minute mark). The ref was very generous by allowing multiple Real players to foul consistently in those first 30mins,without picking up yellow cards. For all the credit they rightfully recieved for their defensive solidity, it's much easier to fully commit to challenges to stop attack after attack, if fouls and cards aren't being given.

Then there's the clear barge in the back by Carvajal on Haaland, which IMO would have been soft but it was a deliberate act of foul play to impede the player, in the age of VAR. So which team has got the better deal from the officials head to head so far? Not that anyone other than City fans will call it like that, unfortunately.

Last edited:
some whatsapp journos hyping up the two Milan team semis.
forgetting how these club sugardaddied the 90s and 2000's with Berlusconi and Moratti building up 100s of millions of losses due to spending big each year building mega squads, not really worrying of breakeven and stuff...

and also how currently they have Chinese owners/investors but no sportwashing apparently. and funniest as per latest FFP punishements handed last summer out both Milan and Inter was hit with a fine for a period of between 2019/2022.
would that make them FFP cheaters?
it would make us for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.