Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Our high school in Chorlton definitely had a sizeable blue majority in the late 70s and early 80s.
The closer to Princess Parkway (via Wilbraham Road, and Barlow Moor Road) the more Blue it became. The closer to Stretford (via Edge Lane) the more Red. I always thought Chorlton was about 50/50 in the 70s with Blue pubs and Red pubs. I went drinking there after this years Derby at the swamp and found the Spreadeagle full of hipsters wearing West Didsbury and Chorlton scarves. I didn't even know they existed!

I've looked over the last few pages and can't see it mentioned. Apologise if it is.

My understanding was a ball is out of play if it is completely over the line. The image that is being used in the media shows, a White line, the ball, and then a vertical red line in the centre of the white line. So yes the ball has gone past the red line, but from my (yes blue tinted) glasses, it hasn't fully gone over the white line.

So what is the rule. Fully Over? or partially over?

additionally MAdrid are a bunch of C@nts
The "media" picture is a fake image created by Bein Sports because there was no technology for this in the stadium. It is just the usual dishonest coverage designed to damage City.

Last edited:
I've looked over the last few pages and can't see it mentioned. Apologise if it is.

My understanding was a ball is out of play if it is completely over the line. The image that is being used in the media shows, a White line, the ball, and then a vertical red line in the centre of the white line. So yes the ball has gone past the red line, but from my (yes blue tinted) glasses, it hasn't fully gone over the white line.

Goal line tech has shown that a ball can look well over the line but still be marginally in play.

Personally don't give a fook. The only thing missing was Pep heading it back into play from the dugout.

It was a mock up from BeIN sports, UEFA don’t use the chip in the ball that would allow such an analysis.

Yeh but what a 10 goals they were!?!

Not remember the dizzying heights when Corradi spaffed 2 of his seasons total against Fulham in a 3-1 drubbing.

3 fucking first half goals!

That's 30% of our home goals return scored in one half of football. Not many managers could have pulled that off.

Spoiled we were............
I'd broken a couple of bones in my foot and missed that game. Watched it on TV, was all I could do to stop kicking the wall.

10 goals at home all year, I missed two games, 5 goals (Fulham 3-1 and Everton 2-1).

The closer to Princess Parkway (via Wilbraham Road, and Barlow Moor Road) the more Blue it became. The closer to Stretford (via Edge Lane) the more Red. I always thought Chorlton was about 50/50 in the 70s with Blue pubs and Red pubs. I went drinking there after this years Derby at the swamp and found the Spreadeagle full of hipsters wearing West Didsbury and Chorlton scarves. I didn't even know they existed!
Oh, they certainly do exist.
Now live in Whitley Bay, WD&C played up here in the FA Vase earlier in the season.
Not a bad match, with the game going to penalties.
WD&C won and their fans duly celebrated.
Didn't seem a bad bunch, but don't think many of them came from the Nell Lane or Merseybank estates...

I came from Chorlton and everyone who I hung around with were all blues and their families, that was the 80s
I grew up in Chorlton in the 60s and support was very much 50-50 although there were more Blues at the Didsbury end and more rags towards the Stretford boundary. At school we always had City v United in the playground during morning break. The sides were evenly numbered despite City floundering in the 2nd division at the time. The City lads always gave a good account of themselves but we did have Graham Paddon playing for us! (Young 'uns look him up).

Some of the reactions to the semi final from the media are bewildering , Madrid quite happy with the result , Madrid still favourites , and a lot more bullshit , so Ancelloti is happy he couldnt take an advantage to a difficult away game to a team that hasnt lost at home in the Champs league since 2018 ,and Madrid were not favourites before the first game , we were.
One thing we love doing as a football club is putting people's noses out of joint , Madrid will arrive with all their 'istree shite ,but its eleven verus eleven and we have over 50k supporters behind us , and half of our team are not drawing their pensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.