Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd broken a couple of bones in my foot and missed that game. Watched it on TV, was all I could do to stop kicking the wall.

10 goals at home all year, I missed two games, 5 goals (Fulham 3-1 and Everton 2-1).
I went for a piss when Michael Johnson scored against Derby. There were another 3 blokes in there. Mid stream we all heard the roar and burst out laughing. Typical City.

I'd broken a couple of bones in my foot and missed that game. Watched it on TV, was all I could do to stop kicking the wall.

10 goals at home all year, I missed two games, 5 goals (Fulham 3-1 and Everton 2-1).
I can trump that with 7 missed. I had a season ticket but travelled to the Far East frequently on business. I missed West Ham, Fulham & Everton. Shambles of a season

Pathetic isn't it how all the media have jumped on 'the ball was out of play' when we scored. No way would they have shown any interest if that was any other British team playing, they are so shitting it that this might actually be our year, absolutely shitting bricks. I'm just so desperate for us to go on and lift the champs league trophy so we can give them all an almighty big fuck off v sign and middle finger
Wasn't it only last season, as the rags desperately sought a Champs League spot that West Ham said the ball had clearly gone out of play immediately before the rags scored. The subsequent inquests and investigation into that injustice lasted all of 10 minutes, (with no one bothering to come to a decision whether it did or not)

I've looked over the last few pages and can't see it mentioned. Apologise if it is.

My understanding was a ball is out of play if it is completely over the line. The image that is being used in the media shows, a White line, the ball, and then a vertical red line in the centre of the white line. So yes the ball has gone past the red line, but from my (yes blue tinted) glasses, it hasn't fully gone over the white line.

So what is the rule. Fully Over? or partially over?

additionally MAdrid are a bunch of C@nts
I see you’ve already had a few spot-on replies to this, but just to add, these days the most obvious way to see this is when the camera shows players taking corners. Virtually every time to the initial glance it looks like the ball is outside the line, but it’s not because the curve takes the ball above and over the edge of the white line.

Tbh, I still think on other parts of the pitch edges the ball is given out of play many times when it’s probably still in play.

Oh, they certainly do exist.
Now live in Whitley Bay, WD&C played up here in the FA Vase earlier in the season.
Not a bad match, with the game going to penalties.
WD&C won and their fans duly celebrated.
Didn't seem a bad bunch, but don't think many of them came from the Nell Lane or Merseybank estates...
Been a few times, decent bunch but barely a Mancunian among them, very much the Chorlton hipster choice. Great crowds though for their level

I see you’ve already had a few spot-on replies to this, but just to add, these days the most obvious way to see this is when the camera shows players taking corners. Virtually every time to the initial glance it looks like the ball is outside the line, but it’s not because the curve takes the ball above and over the edge of the white line.

Tbh, I still think on other parts of the pitch edges the ball is given out of play many times when it’s probably still in play.
yeah i wasn't aware about the Bein Sports thing to be honest. I get what you mean about the curve of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.