Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, that what it cost's to be the best dad. Well done for all your efforts, imagine how they would feel now being a fan of the scum.

Be proud, be happy, you showed them the right path,plant the seed.....
It was my brother who ensured that the blue dna was passed down to me.
As your already aware following city from 1976 wasnt a easy ride definitely made a man of me. CTID

I haven't checked if this has been mentioned on the topic of whether the ball was out or not. Besides beIN saying themselves before they showed it, that 'it is not conclusive'(Wenger's reaction after seeing it: "It's a fact, the ball was out" haha). Also, besides the fact that the ref/linesmen went with what they thought they saw and VAR could not get involved because there was a turnover of possession.

Has anyone mentioned Real's 2nd goal at the Etihad(54 mins 33sec) last season?

City were 3-1 up and the team were confident. KDB shields the ball out of play for a City throw-in, deep in Real Madrid's half, but the ref gives it to Real. The City players protest strongly. Pep, who was right next to it, protests so much that he gets a booking before play continues. 28 seconds later, Real have gone up the other end and scored. There was no turnover of possession either.

Anyone remember how that was seen as a controversial decision in Real's favour, that will potentially be remembered for years to come? No, nobody went with that narrative because VAR doesn't get involved on whether a set piece or throw-in was correctly awarded or not. There was no "it was still the wrong decision and Real benefitted from a mistake" argument being made either. They just moved on immediately from what I remember.
Didn't he say that he didn't think they had the technology to say one way or the other?

Bein's image is nonsense, as it shows the ball out by millimetres, yet they said it was based on combining their own camera angles. I know UEFA have calibrated cameras for offside and a chip in the ball, which I thought might have been used, but surely there's no way the broadcast cameras can ever be that accurate on their own?

Goal-line technology has 14 static cameras, with 7 pointed at each goal, just to look at a small section of the pitch. If Bein are suggesting that their camera angles are as accurate then that's got to be bullshit.

Didn't he say that he didn't think they had the technology to say one way or the other?

Bein's image is nonsense, as it shows the ball out by millimetres, yet they said it was based on combining their own camera angles. I know UEFA have calibrated cameras for offside and a chip in the ball, which I thought might have been used, but surely there's no way the broadcast cameras can ever be that accurate on their own?

Goal-line technology has 14 static cameras, with 7 pointed at each goal, just to look at a small section of the pitch. If Bein are suggesting that their camera angles are as accurate then that's got to be bullshit.
The camera angles are provided by the host broadcaster. Bein don’t have their own tech
Pure bollocks from Qatar

Don’t have a problem with Ferdinand celebrating RM goal. He’s ex Utd player and probably now supports them and it was off camera.

On camera he was professional and complimentary about City as he usually is.

What I find sad is the tweet showing him celebrating. But this is all down to the tiresome modern phenomena of pundits being celebrities and taking part in “bantz”.

No particular liking of Ferdinand but there are other media figures who need calling out far more than him.
I'm just very surprised there's never been a video of Humphries sucking Ferdinand off, with the caption "his woman"

BEIN are just talking Qatari shill bollocks. As far as I’m aware, it‘s down to the on-field officials to make a call on the ins and outs on the side of the pitch.

To my knowledge, I’ve never seen VAR overturn a ball out of play for a throw. Anybody seen otherwise?

Pathetic isn't it how all the media have jumped on 'the ball was out of play' when we scored. No way would they have shown any interest if that was any other British team playing, they are so shitting it that this might actually be our year, absolutely shitting bricks. I'm just so desperate for us to go on and lift the champs league trophy so we can give them all an almighty big fuck off v sign and middle finger

Especially with absolutely no evidence of it being out.

The closer to Princess Parkway (via Wilbraham Road, and Barlow Moor Road) the more Blue it became. The closer to Stretford (via Edge Lane) the more Red. I always thought Chorlton was about 50/50 in the 70s with Blue pubs and Red pubs. I went drinking there after this years Derby at the swamp and found the Spreadeagle full of hipsters wearing West Didsbury and Chorlton scarves. I didn't even know they existed!
My experience growing up in the 90s was Chorlton was mostly red, and Whalley Range about 50-50. Unless your parents were blues most turned to the rags - the kids around me were attracted to the glory. Will be a different colour they turn to for glory today no doubt!

I'd broken a couple of bones in my foot and missed that game. Watched it on TV, was all I could do to stop kicking the wall.

10 goals at home all year, I missed two games, 5 goals (Fulham 3-1 and Everton 2-1).
This is the new York away - there will be some stalwarts out there who missed only a handful of games but all of our home goals that season................ :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.