Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's wrong that female tennis players get the same prize money in tournaments as men for playing 3 sets while the men play 5. How can that be equal pay when they only do 60% of the work? I am not being misogynistic. It is simply not right.
More to the point hold Wimbledon as two separate Tournaments and see which one generates the most money, I’d guess the Mens would be way in excess of the women. Just like Major golf competition’s I do watch and admire Ladies golf but the money on offer through tickets sales and Sponsorships is way higher in the Mens game.

If a male player wins a tournament 3-0 do you expect them to only get 3/5 of the prize money then?

"I am not being misogynistic.", of course you're not...
So if you're in a job and you do 60% of the work of your colleagues but you get the same pay that's fair is it? And what has a 3-0 score line got to do with anything. Do players only get paid in full if they win 5-0?
And if a woman wins a tennis match in straight sets she is only doing 40% of the work.

So if you're in a job and you do 60% of the work of your colleagues but you get the same pay that's fair is it? And what has a 3-0 score line got to do with anything. Do players only get paid in full if they win 5-0?
That was my question to you, not rocket science bud. Is it just your way of trying to dodge it?

That was my question to you, not rocket science bud. Is it just your way of trying to dodge it?
So you would advocate female football players receiving the same pay as men and only having to play for 54 minutes?

Woah, hang on lads. I know the Daily Telegraph is a bit right wing for most of you and BM doesn't have many Rear Admirals (retd.) but someone called Ric Turner from Bluemoon is in it today. Anyone know who it is ?

The media have lost. It matters not a jot what they print anymore.
I am currently on holiday In Bulgaria and I've never seen so many kids with city kits on. Not just English either. There was a family sat near us last night, had 3 boys, all had full kits on, given the accents I'm thinking they were Bulgarian. Saw another one with Halaand on the back.
These kids don't give a fuck what the British media write, they just want to watch world class football with world class players.
Chins up blues, we have well and truly made it.
Ah, but the RDAHMeedya are crying in their espressos that they aren't running around in red idolising some other 'world class players !

I think it's wrong that female tennis players get the same prize money in tournaments as men for playing 3 sets while the men play 5. How can that be equal pay when they only do 60% of the work? I am not being misogynistic. It is simply not right.

Yep should be paid per set or per game won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.