Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Charlesfarsbar was being ironic as dippers are forever taking time out of their day to remind each other that although we have won yet another trophy nobody actually cares! Not even them apparently even when the fact we won it meant they didn't-very odd but true.
Haha, I know. I just wanted a chance to stake another claim to the term ‘Manchester City Paradox’. ;-)

The 2 world class players for each position is true and the biggest squad
Gk Edi, Kyle walker ,ortega
Rb Walker akanji stones rico
Cb walker stones dias akanji laporte ake edi rodri
Lb ake, akanji rico Bernardo laporte
That's 20 just in defence :)

In summary, they say no chance of it affecting this years title, pretty much no chance of it affecting any past titles, and they make the point that most of the UEFA case wasn't time-barred, but "not established".

They mention two lawyers who disagree over whether other clubs that we beat could sue, but lead with the lawyer that says there's no chance of it. The absolute fucking irony of one of the clubs that spent more than us, suing us for spending too much money actually makes me laugh.

They clearly can't say much legally, and there's not a great deal anyone on here would argue with.

Given that any article about City in the media at the moment has plenty of commenters saying we'll be stripped of the titles, it's pretty much knocks any of that speculation on the head.
It is still clickbait based on the presentation. It is designed to get people that see it to subscribe to read what they will hope is an article detailing how City will be destroyed and our honours stripped from us.

The article itself is designed to legitimise the possibility (“experts disagree about the possible consequences”).

There will be many, many more like it, especially if we achieve a historic haul this season.

Good job you werent on the Sky football page, it's full of red shite right now. City are mentioned twice and one of them is because Bellingham has turned us down again. (not sure how many times he will turn us down)

At least the beeb are giving it relatively better coverage. But you wouldnt know :)
I would rather go apple bobbing in a communal toilet than soil myself with viewing the Sky football page.

When BBC Sport does what it does best.

Well worth a read and to see the 93:20 moment again.

View attachment 79226

PS. I still can’t watch that Sergio PL title winning goal without crying at the end. :-)

From the article above

Yves: "Arsenal had to field pretty much the same team for the whole season. Man City can field three different teams if they have to and still win the league. Seriously, what did people expect was going to happen?"

Yves is clearly a know nothing twat but the BBC are still happy to quote him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.