Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clickbait.

They know they get far more engagement and link sharing on articles like that than they waxing lyrical over our dominance. That is because there are (and will always be) significantly more non-City fans than City fans, and many of those absolutely despise us, and love to read and spread hit pieces to make themselves feel better about their clubs mediocrity (or abject failure).

Prepare yourself for substantially more of that over the summer if we end up winning the treble.

The asterisk articles will fill every corner of sport media.
But no one cares about City so why is it clickbait ?

These 115 charges are constantly ruining my mood. I'm all giddy and excited and then an article pops up and I go back into "typical City" mood and I'm thinking " it'll be typical if we won the treble and were then found guilty and then it's taken away from us" :-(

Wish it would all just piss off
It will have zero impact on this season. Every legal eagle agrees that the process will take years. Any ban or points reduction will almost definitely take place during the season it's issued. As much as they'd like to they can't just cherry pick the years for the honours they'd like to impact

Everyone cares, just no one wants to admit it.

It’s what sport scientist call the ‘Manchester City Paradox’. ;-)
I think @Charlesfarsbar was being ironic as dippers are forever taking time out of their day to remind each other that although we have won yet another trophy nobody actually cares! Not even them apparently even when the fact we won it meant they didn't-very odd but true.

These 115 charges are constantly ruining my mood. I'm all giddy and excited and then an article pops up and I go back into "typical City" mood and I'm thinking " it'll be typical if we won the treble and were then found guilty and then it's taken away from us" :-(

Wish it would all just piss off
The PL wish it would all go away, but the American redshirts insist. At the current rate of progress it will be years before there is even a hearing, never mind a verdict. More fodder for the “charges = guilt” brigade.

The Athletic putting the boot in for whatever reason.
Not on twatter so have only read the headline

In summary, they say no chance of it affecting this years title, pretty much no chance of it affecting any past titles, and they make the point that most of the UEFA case wasn't time-barred, but "not established".

They mention two lawyers who disagree over whether other clubs that we beat could sue, but lead with the lawyer that says there's no chance of it. The absolute fucking irony of one of the clubs that spent more than us, suing us for spending too much money actually makes me laugh.

They clearly can't say much legally, and there's not a great deal anyone on here would argue with.

Given that any article about City in the media at the moment has plenty of commenters saying we'll be stripped of the titles, it's pretty much knocks any of that speculation on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.