Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to entertain we could get the treble which considering I was still nervous on 85 mins & 3 up shows I’m still scarred by Cityitus.

The media have served up another night of shit sandwiches, they’ve written off every one of our signings & then have the nerve to then say it’s expected. Everything to pour scorn on the strategy, work ethic, talent, camaraderie, humility of Manchester City so how do give them a big “fuck off!”

One of my early memories at Maine Road was the bloke walking around the ground at full time wearing a sandwich board saying “the end is nigh” which used to sum up the mood. If we win the treble, after the victory tour I’d love the players to be called on stage wearing the board with the most ridiculous insult they’ve had.

Imagine,

KDB “I thought it was lira”
Haaland “joined the wrong club”

Etc etc
Walker
Imagine what he'd be worth if he could cross a ball

Some of the phrases the media could have used to talk about last night:
  • Greatest performance Europe has seen in years
  • Demolished the eternal European champions
  • Set a new standard for how football could and should be played
  • The inimitable genius of Guardiola
  • The electric environment of the Etihad
  • A flawless performance, where every player knows their role and works fluidly and seamlessly with those around him in the quest for perfection
And some of the kinds of phrases they've preferred to go with:
  • State-funded
  • State-backed
  • Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi
  • State-owned
  • Lavishly-funded
  • Limitless wealth
  • Tainted victory
  • Elephant in the room
  • Unbound by financial restrictions
  • State-funded state-backed state-owned lavishly-funded Abu Dhabi sportswashing project
  • Ruining football
  • Soulless machine
Obviously, not surprised by all this anymore... I think you could show me articles written by Liew, Delaney, Ronay, and a few others side-by-side and I wouldn't even be able to tell you the difference with all the "state-owned sportswashing" crap they insist on shoehorning in EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Ugh, who cares. We're massive. We're on top of the world. Let them all drown in their tears. Sad bastards.

I don't think we should get het up or annoyed at all by the purile comments of one or two stupid pundits and media people, there will always be jealous haters out there. From what I've seen in the media, the overall commentary on last night is massively positive. Enjoy blues. Last night was simply great football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.