Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so dislike what journalists have written about City since our takeover that I stopped buying their newspapers.
Me too.
I still peek online (and I quite like this thread because it helps in that regard) but I very rarely purchase a paper nowadays. Even then, it's usually to read something non-football related.
Last time I bought a paper for football reasons was at the airport on the morning the fixtures were printed. I actually pulled out the supplement and threw the rest in the bin outside the shop.

Radio 4 had Walsh on, they didn't say she was a City player initially until they mentioned that she came through City's top class accademy.

They did end the report with 'that was Kiera Walsh England footballer.'

lol

Last edited:
@jrb without wanting to sound like Frank, surely that shows why we don't fuck them off. Unless Shearer spent the interview asking Alfies lad why he didn't sign for a big club, it is going to be a totally positive piece watched by millions (well hundreds)
I think the bbc is a joke but I trust City's owner and management to know how to handle the media.
Yeah, you can't complain that they ignore us and then complain when they don't.

An escalation of actions against anyone on media who doesn't play fair.

First step - prevent access to training facilities / stadium outside match days
Second - no access to catering on match day
Third - no interviews other than contractual obligations
Fourth - kick in the bollocks
Fifth - Repeat fourth

Yeah you can consume most of them in here. It must be like a badge of honour to the journo's - rile some City fans up.
I waited most of my life for City to be a good team and they ruined it within weeks, years and years of turning the pages of the rag wankfest as they won everything, bought who they wanted at what ever the cost in transfer fees, lauded for bringing joy to the world.

City bought a couple of players and it became Oil Rich City win again, every fucking week, I stopped buying a daily paper within a month and then stopped reading other people at works papers a month or so later.

I never wanted them to blow smoke up our arse but a fair and balanced report is even beyond these fucking clowns.

Last edited:
Me too.
I still peek online (and I quite like this thread because it helps in that regard) but I very rarely purchase a paper nowadays. Even then, it's usually to read something non-football related.
Last time I bought a paper for football reasons was at the airport on the morning the fixtures were printed. I actually pulled out the supplement and threw the rest in the bin outside the shop.
Just got back from the Lakes. Hotel said 'do you want a newspaper in the morning, sir?' I said no and he said 'they are free'. Still no. He wanted to ask why, but stopped himself. I felt sort of liberated, all day - in the rain.

Just got back from the Lakes. Hotel said 'do you want a newspaper in the morning, sir?' I said no and he said 'they are free'. Still no. He wanted to ask why, but stopped himself. I felt sort of liberated, all day - in the rain.
Where did you stop in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.