Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having glimpsed at the pieces grabbing attention, the impression is clear.

They've got nothing.

Except for the priviledge position to publish prominently - which they are abusing and downgrading by resorting to smear tactics. They are a cliquish bunch that often follow a popularist instinct. They follow approval and don't realise how shallow it is, until it's far too late. Long story short, I think they're falling out of touch with the neutral.

Gone fishing....

‘There’s a cognitive dissonance for me as a fan’: readers on Manchester City​

6000.jpg

With Pep Guardiola’s side closing on a treble, Guardian readers offer praise for, and concerns about, City’s current dominance

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/20/readers-on-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-abu-dhabi
What a pile of shite. They got responses from only three supporters including one of ours who claims our club "has an ulterior motive." Apparently our owner is not investing in City to make huge profits (although he is doing precisely that) but because of mythical "sportswashing." No mention of media "brainwashing" though!

Sick of the snide bastards and their pathetic desperation to somehow taint the achievements of this wonderful football team.

They are fortunate that our owners are such decent, patient and humble people because quite frankly in my hands these people like Owen Slot at the times would be called to account for their "work" and then utterly fucking destroyed.

If I was Sheikh Mansour, I go after all these fuckers in the media who’ve blacken our name and financially ruin them and leave them and their families in penury.

Looking forward to The Guardian article about how Spurs being humiliated by Brentford in their last match of the season at the World’s Best Stadium™ is a clear indication of Manchester City’s cheating.

Funny thing about how the charge’s galvanised us & Pep called out Levy & they went to shit. They were 3d & a certainty for top 4. There’s a story there if they want ;)

Not sure how people like Gary Neville keep a straight face when telling us that it's obviously terrible news for football for one team to dominate ... to compare with his era of Utd dominance, his ex-team-mate Giggs has won 5 more English titles than our club has won across our entire history.

I mean RAWK consider Harris and Delaney as pioneering journalistic martyrs and celebrate everything they tweet as ‘the truth that the bought off media wouldn’t discuss’….

Even if City managed to get a court to state that every word Harris had written was slanderous and put a restraining order on him, those who want what he says to be true will never reassess their position and in an environment like that, why bother trying to censor a known mentalist.
It’s very similar to the Alex Jones case

I am sure many sport journalists will jump on that! ;-)
This is the truth tho, Chelsea and Spurs have looked like they are run badly. Spurs, in particular, investors must look at Levy's hiring and firing landing him with a football director facing a UEFA ban, and wonder what on earth it is all about.

Meanwhile, the wheels came off over at Anfield, big time. And Arsenal were beautiful, but unfortunately "bottled it", which is the British way of saying, they revealed themselves as being new at this, and not having quite enough strength.

English clubs being shit right now is definitely a driving force behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.