Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's good. We shouldn't get too precious if the charges are mentioned in articles about us, it is a fact that the charges have been brought and that they are still outstanding, after all.

What would be nice is a little understanding of the charges, though.

They aren't 115 charges of wrong-doing. They are 115 breaches of regulations caused by a limited number of actual alleged transgressions. People who are working themselves up into a lather on this are just too stupid to understand the actual issues. The press are supposed to be intelligent, though, so they should be able to understand, and explain, the difference. We are talking sports journalists, though, and generally they don't seem to be very bright.
Said to my mate last night, it would be incredible if our Club are guilty of even a few charges but the other 30 or so Clubs that were participating in the Premier League in that period were absolutely squeaky clean. From Phantom Stadium Costs, to banking in the Cayman Isles to dodgy player deals, no way are we damned. FFP tried to stop us, cheating is match fixing, bribery and corruption, we’ve not done any of those, we just have the best run club in the world and all the media wankers just can’t accept it.

Said to my mate last night, it would be incredible if our Club are guilty of even a few charges but the other 30 or so Clubs that were participating in the Premier League in that period were absolutely squeaky clean. From Phantom Stadium Costs, to banking in the Cayman Isles to dodgy player deals, no way are we damned. FFP tried to stop us, cheating is match fixing, bribery and corruption, we’ve not done any of those, we just have the best run club in the world and all the media wankers just can’t accept it.
Nail on the head.

In a Chris Sutton voice - "Come on Ros you are better than that..."

The so called ‘academic’ knows the square root of fuck all if he thinks something being outside the limitation period is a loophole. Limitation periods are mandated in statute, and followed by bodies such as UEFA in the interests of justice and fairness to all clubs that are subject to its rules. They exist to provide certainly around litigation and require parties to commence proceedings within a prescribed time-limit. They are apparent to all parties involved from the outset, and cannot be imposed retrospectively.

They bear absolutely no resemblance to a loophole. They are (in the context of the UEFA charges) a well-established, widely understood, unequivocal, mutually agreed term of the contract between the parties.

They are also taught to law students at a very base level.

I have never heard a competent lawyer describe a limitation period as a loophole, and nor have I ever heard one describe their deployment as unfair. They are widely accepted across the legal profession as both manifest and a hard and fast rule - something to be closely observed and treated with respect, especially in the contemplation of any litigation.

How could something with those characteristics ever be described as a loophole, unless you didn’t know what you were talking about?

Harris blocked my friend on Twitter last week (a rite of passage).

My mate actually sent him a very considered, polite, non-sweaty tweet asking him to describe his current state of mind, and whether he felt being mentally unwell gives him the right to pursue a libellous vendetta.

Mate even expressed sympathy for the mental health issue, but just wanted to know if Harris honestly felt it gives him a free pass to do what he’s doing.

No reply, just a block.
He blocks anyone who contradicts him. I’ve responded to him just once a couple of years ago with:
“I know it’s been posted several times but you don’t seem to get it ‘MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS’ - CAS (13/7/20)”
Blocked for that.
What an insecure ****.

A mixed bag from the Daily United.

It was all positive last night, but Rob Draper has been told by his boss to write about the charges against City, just to balance the positive headlines out. Expect the comments section to be swamped with bitter Rags, Coach Wreckers and Tarquins.

PS. And Bernstein. Missed that headline. There’s always a put down in the head of a journalist. It was much more positive last night.

FF6D635A-FF6D-43C4-B27E-85D523E94B71.jpeg

4610C5CE-C18F-4D6C-962F-D67D420F9FAD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.