Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that’s actually a very good point and I think there’s a reason for that which you wouldn’t actually think. So, Journalists in this country are no more than rival fans. If they don’t support City, you’re not going to get honest reporting from them. Problem is, people have unconscious tendency to believe authority figures. So when journalists tell you things enough times, and there’s enough saying it, you can almost start to believe them. Although deep down, logic tells you different and it starts to feel confusing and we lose sight of what’s actually the truth.

Let me tell you some truths, based upon research and analytics. Utd created inflation in the markets since 1992. Ferguson was the biggest chequebook manager the games has ever seen, he had a blank chequebook for many signings and he didn’t have FFP to contend with. If he did, he wouldn’t have been able to sign Veron, RVN, Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick, Anderson, Nani and Hargreves. Those players with inflation in todays money, would’ve cost Utd £1 Billion, for just 6 players. That was the equivalent of what they spent. Makes Chelsea £600M transfer window seem like peanuts in comparison. That was the level of financial power other clubs were dealing with. That’s not even mentioning all the other players they signed at that period of time too.

FFP has meant our budget was in the same region as all the other top clubs in England or less. Look at Newcastle, why aren’t they signing Messi or Neymar type players… because of FFP. But if this was 92-2002, they might be doing just that. Back then though, it was only Utd doing it. They weren’t doing what we are doing, they were buying the very best players, and often from other clubs in England. I don’t care for the argument they generated the money either. They still had more money to spend than anyone else, they still bought anyone they wanted to, even if they paid well over the odds for them. They had a truly blank chequebook, with no finacial regulations whatsoever, and no one who could compete with them financially.

Today, what FFP has done, has actually helped us in a way, not hindered as much as we like to believe. It’s meant Utd and Chelsea can’t spend beyond the market values as much as they were pre 2011. Because they were absolutely failing FFP rules back then. Yes it was bought in to stop us, but because of this we have had to be extremely creative with growing City as a profitable self sustaining business. Which means City have managed to claw their way to the profit table far quicker than we might have. Which only serves us well going forward.

FFP also meant we had to be careful not to increase inflation on transfers by always buying the most expensive individual players in the season. It does mean though, City have had to walk away from certain deals, ones we might otherwise gone for. But that strategy of not paying over the threshold for players, or trying to inflate the market prices has worked really well so far.

In most cases, we sign players for the same price other clubs can also afford! Some clubs might not have been able to afford to spend the same amount across the window due to budget and FFP, but they could’ve easily snatched away individual signings from us. That’s the BIG point. IF, players chose to come to City, they do so, ahead of other clubs. Which supports the notion we hear, you have to be 100% committed to us. That in itself helps us to get these players. Take Grealish, an Aston Villa fan, who rejected the same contract from Villa to come to City. Fernandinho, who paid £6M of his own contract to get a move. Kompany and Co always talking about ‘the project’ and how they wanted to be a part of it. Like Nasri, saying he rejected loads of clubs, and then chose City over Utd, eventually due to the project, as they both offered the same money. The Bernardo and Mendy story, where they both said with such glee they wanted to move to City in the Monaco changing room. Then on the flip side, you’ve got Alexis Sanchez, Koulibaly, Jorginho or Cucarella. Who looked like they’d sign, but then seemed to be less committed to us and more to the money, and off they went to Utd and Chelsea, and all of them, disappointed.

So yeah, cheers UEFA, and fuck you. Mostly though, thanks to the hierarchy of City for outsmarting them. Thanks to Peps and his genius philosophy of buying players and coaching them into better players, his unbelievable style of play, and dominating when more teams can compete with us financially. Forget what the lying media say, we’re the best team the league has ever seen.
United inflated things before this. 1989 for example but it happened before this also…

Tuned into Talksport just now and what could I hear? I could hear the sound of St Max of Rushden's boiling piss.

He has incorrectly said we are state owned and is now having a go at our fans attacking journalists. No mention of journalists falsifying their bullshit stories.

Tuned into Talksport just now and what could I hear? I could hear the sound of St Max of Rushden's boiling piss.

Beautiful.
Can't work out of he's on full Troll mode or actually very bitter.

Toeing The Grauniad line of City are cheating cunts.

Glendenning now hoping Pep leaves if we get the treble.

With City’s dominance now looking never ending I can honestly see an NFL style solution on the horizon for the cartel. Play offs after the “regular “ season. It’s basically the way the MLS and in fact our Rugby League are settled. Whilst there’s no way they can stop Pep over a full season, jiggers pokery can play a part over a single game. See our game at OT for proof. Getting City kicked out on trumped up charges will probably never happen even though its been a fruitful smear campaign. Just my thoughts.

Can't work out of he's on full Troll mode or actually very bitter.

Toeing The Grauniad line of City are cheating cunts.

Glendenning now hoping Pep leaves if we get the treble.
Yep that’s their only hope, get rid of Pep. Not worked so far as he’s now seven years in with no sign of leaving.

You would think that the British press/media would be loving the fact that the pl has the world's best manager. The fact that possibly the worlds best team. Possible the worlds best club. All this in the best league in the world. But no the press/media dont want this. They want the old red tops. The red tops must be paying them to be so anti British

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.