Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
ssn wetting themselves over liverpool signing Mac Allister
and only 35 million !!!!!
Shame, thought he had more ambition. The cost is £55m, no talk of wages, agent's fees, or other add-ons!

Guess it's the thought of playing with Henderson, dipper gomez and working with Colgate-henge

;-)

Can’t move for articles and podcasts on “what if City are guilty?”

Haven’t come across a single article on what it would mean if we’re cleared of charges.

Strange that.

The response is 115 charges so we must be. I’ve not managed to understand at what number of charges does it prove our guilt?

1-5 evidence needed
5-10 maybe innocent
10 & above guilty, no need for any proof just relegate them, burn the club down.

1. That team of theirs didn’t win the league the previous season.
2. Had to go through qualifiers to be in the CL.
3. Drew THIRTEEN games in winning the league P38 W22 D13 L3 Goals 80:37 Diff 43 Pts 79.
4. Beat the dippers, chavs and tarquins (both after replays) on their way to winning the FA Cup.
5. Only drew with Barca and Bayern (home and away) in the group stages.
6. Had their own Aguero moment to win the CL. No Round of 16 in those days.
and on another night. bayern would have won that final 4 nil, how many chances did they miss!! and they hit the post about 3 times before they equalized. that Ole winner was like a knife through my heart to win that game :-( bloody gutted i tells thee!

When Chelsea won the CL and Italy won the EC, who remembers the British medias relentless quest to tell us Jorginho should win the ballon dor? Because he won those two trophies.

Based on that logic, if we win on Saturday, I’m expecting a huge shout out from the media for Julien Alvarez to win the Ballon Dor. After all, like they said last time, it’s not about who is the best in the world or even the best at their club. It’s about who has achieved the most/won the biggest competitions. Come on Julien!!!

1. That team of theirs didn’t win the league the previous season.
2. Had to go through qualifiers to be in the CL.
3. Drew THIRTEEN games in winning the league P38 W22 D13 L3 Goals 80:37 Diff 43 Pts 79.
4. Beat the dippers, chavs and tarquins (both after replays) on their way to winning the FA Cup.
5. Only drew with Barca and Bayern (home and away) in the group stages.
6. Had their own Aguero moment to win the CL. No Round of 16 in those days.
Only won 22 games to our 28 - and don't get me started on goal difference; FA Cup semi runners up were lowly Newcastle - only 13th in the league - see previous posts on the subject.

I don’t get the narrative that the PL is weaker now than when Utd dominated. Can anyone explain this to me? Because…

In the last 5 years English teams performances in Europe have probably been stronger than ever before. You’ve had:

Liverpool - 3 UCL finals
City - 2 UCL finals
Chelsea - 1 UCL final and 1 EL final
Spurs - 1 UCL final
Arsenal - 1 EL final
West Ham - 1 ECL final

The PL has more financial clout than ever before, in the last 5 years you’ve got some serious NET spending (yeah let’s use that one against them now):

Chelsea - £654 M
Utd - £540 M
Arsenal - £485 M
West Ham - £356 M
Newcastle - £351 M

Note - City are 10th with £224 M, behind Spurs, Wolves, Villa and Liverpool.

In comparison to Utd dominated periods, I’m not even going to bother putting anything together, in the 90’s and early 00’s they were the only ones spending consistently big money. Then Chelsea came along to join them, and then Liverpool started spending big too. Now nearly every team in the PL are buying top players from other leagues.

Then, think about how many times have we had to go on crazy winning streaks to see off Liverpool and this season Arsenal? Win streaks against a lot of expensively assembled teams (even with inflation adjustments). We have had to amass some of the highest points totals ever, in era where most teams could’ve afforded the majority of our players. Look at Utd’s 99 winning season. Forget the class of 92 kids, they had 4 of the worlds most expensive buys too and they drew 12 games that season. The last time we drew 12 games we finished 4th. Their points total would’ve seen them finish, just about in 3rd place this season. So how can anyone say the league was harder when they could afford so many slip ups?
And the national team has reached a WC semi and EUROs final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.