Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter isn't City's biggest fan but said he has a lot of respect for Pep and unlike most journos he actually enjoys interviewing him.

Hunter absolutely adores Pep, to the point where his love for Pep would overrule any dislike he had for the club Pep was managing.

Very rare poster on here so hi! I posted that exact comment (without the "wankers" insult on the Bellingham article. No antagonism, no offensive words. It got deleted within 15 minutes. Comment ids free? Lol.
A few weeks ago they invited City fans to write in about their feelings about the ownership. I foolishly responded with a glowing passage about the development of East Manchester with comments that condemning Arab culture and traditions by Western people was akin to modern colonialism.

Obviously they were looking for quotes from City fans uncomfortable with the situation.

They promptly disabled my account from commenting. If you do not follow their narrative you get banned!

For a decade and more, Manchester City have been subjected to scrutiny, derision and sensationalist hysteria by swathes of the media.

Certain figures have pinned their careers to the mast of the good ship 'Let’s Hobble Citeh'. Others have regularly been happy to be able seahands or provided ample amounts of hot wind to blow that ship harder.

It has been, according to Khaldoon, a clear and organised [smear] campaign. Most of us City fans have decried the club's seeming lack of ambition in meeting this campaign head on. Fight fire with fire, so to speak.

This week, Forbes have declared that Manchester City is the most valuable brand in world football. The u/18s and u/21s have each completed three league wins in a row and the First Team is only on the verge of becoming arguably the greatest side in the history of English football.

It would appear then, that we City fans have been wrong in our calls for City to start banning journalists and issuing lawsuits. The impact of those jaundiced observers has been minimal upon the progression of our club's own good ship.

The club has chosen its battles (CAS ad now the PL charges). There is no reason to believe it will win every time but equally nothing in past experience to encourage one to presume it won't emerge victorious either.

And, if we City fans were wrong, what of the chasing Fleet Street armada?
Perhaps, they are beginning to realise that if a man buys an asset for £200k , converts it into an entity worth £4.5bn and makes it the most enviable brand in world football along the way, that maybe it isn't all about this made-up vaguely pejorative term of "sportswashing". Maybe it's something else? Maybe it's capitalism?

And our lot are the best at that too.
Could not agree more! How long before these fuckheads get it that they look and sound like a bunch of whining, crying sore losers to millions around the world. The younger supporters coming up, especially the millions abroad in the current landscape of football, could give two fucks about what some middle aged Rags, Dippers and Arse "pundits" and "journos" are crying about. The club knows this and continues to proceed with their immediate and long term plans without wasting an ounce of energy spent getting dragged into the pond scum with these a-holes. Formal charges are a different matter and are dealt with with full intent by the club. Living in the States I am surrounded by a whole variety of supporters. I have family who support Roma and Juventus. Best mates who support Liverpool, Man United, and Spurs. My son's pals support Arsenal, Chelsea and Bayern. I kid not when I tell you no one, NO ONE in that circle ever mentions the "charges" when we debate the merits and accomplishments of our clubs no matter how heated it sometimes gets. In fact, if anything, many of them laugh at the incessant obsession the supporters of these clubs in the UK have with City. They make themselves look like a bunch of spoiled has beens begging to be relevant. Rags and Dippers, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest football side of them all?". Mirror, "Sorry to say while it once was you, Manchester City are now the fairest of them all!". Rags to Dippers, "Quick, get me a poisonous apple, or at least some poisonous pens". Off the pitch we've just been announced as the world's largest football brand. On the pitch we're on the verge of a treble and threepeat, SIMULTANEOUSLY. Has a term even been coined yet for that if it happens. So to echo the point you've made so brilliantly, whose way is working. Is it even remotely close?

A few weeks ago they invited City fans to write in about their feelings about the ownership. I foolishly responded with a glowing passage about the development of East Manchester with comments that condemning Arab culture and traditions by Western people was akin to modern colonialism.

Obviously they were looking for quotes from City fans uncomfortable with the situation.

They promptly disabled my account from commenting. If you do not follow their narrative you get banned!
2 words: Duche Bags...

The dismal story of modern media can be summed up in two words - The Guardian, utter wankers, one can imagine the nonsense in the article.

View attachment 82440
Liverpool won 10 out of 15 league titles from 76-90. His argument doesn't stand up. But yeah his team Villa won once so those days were better. Utter drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.