Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
…you’ve completely misread the post.

I said do not post links to negative articles as it only provides the engagement (the link being embedded is tracked , as is the click through for impressions, and the users origin for views). The very debate on here gives the articles more exposure as well, and leads to further sharing which provides engagement.

I also shared what is acceptable for screenshot sharing under forum rules, which are in place to prevent copyright claims. These are the same rules that prohibit posting of entire articles (copy-and-paste).

I have thought this through. Many on here bemoaning the negative coverage of City have not, as they only help feed the beast by posting direct links to the bile.

And you can have a perfectly meaningful debate based on the screenshot of the headline and the summary paragraph (either the first paragraph, or the summary right below the headline which often accompanies these articles). If you feel so inclined, you can even summarise the article in your post if you think it is worthwhile to discussion.

People can find the media with a simple search using the headlines if they absolutely want to throw another t-bone to the monster, it takes literally seconds via google.

But sharing a direct link on here just leads to engagement, more sharing, engagement, more sharing, and so on, just incentivising more negative articles.
I completely agree with you here. What is the point of posting negative articles. The hacks have nothing to say, never have and never will. Who cares what they write as its the scribblings of a jealous imbecile with no cohesion and on top of that it's also a boring read. It's like posting a comment off RWAK or some other shit red top forum. I stopped reading their nonsense a few years back and I don't miss it

What strikes me is that they can write absolute shite and not care about it. And the so-called quality papers are even worse, if anything. I could have produced a better analysis of the CAS proceedings when I was a 10-year-old than Sam Wallace did in the Telegraph on Saturday. But I'm sure his piece got plenty of engagement and he's very happy with it.

A bugbear of mine is that our detractors keep labelling Abu Dhabi a nation state. It isn't, and my view is that anyone who's so thick that they can't get to grips with such a simple concept forfeits the right to have their views taken seriously on more complex aspects of the topic. But these people really couldn't give a toss about truth, accuracy or other similarly bothersome concepts.

I don't need convincing, I know.

10am every morning conference. Data and theme teams asking what is hitting the mark and how to build further narrative.

City fans are doing their jobs for them.

Make them accountable, sure, but don't make them relevant.

United sell newspapers, it's certainly not because they play brilliant football.

I've walked away from this shit. 30 years working in an industry which is now dictated by algorithms and people sat reading forums and Twitter.

City fans being socially conditioned to think everyone hates us, based on the lazy tropes and bitterness of self-important spunk bubbles.
Bingo.

I've sat in more of these than I can remember.

And, to my shame, I've helped create a few of the algorithms used across the industry.

Great you got out, fella. My soul was lost long ago. :-(

Really? I mean really, seriously really? You are genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement from Bluemoon users?

He really does, which rather undermines his argument. Regardless of how super mega, massive we all know Bluemoon is, the truth is the traffic driven from this thread to the offending articles will be minuscule. Whereas forcing folk to screen shot headlines and post chunks of articles and sometimes quoting the whole bloody thing verbatim, threatens to infringe the copyright he states he's out to protect.

His argument is driven by emotion rather than logic, he so hates the idea that we might contribute, even in a negligible way, to the finances of these haters, that he fails to understand that what he recommends effectively kills the thread.

Last edited:
I find it odd that you registered in February, have only 52 posts, and more than 20% of them are just posting links to takedown pieces of City.
There's more than just the one poster who stinks to high heaven in this thread. They usually have quite a few posts in 'Off Topic' in order to get the post count up as well.

Shit stirrers.

Jon Kay on BBC breakfast this morning

"Do we need to keep talking about Man City today". Sally Sally had a little giggle at that one

Think it was said jest(you can never be sure though) but would he ever make that comment if it was Liverpool or the rags? I think not

What strikes me is that they can write absolute shite and not care about it. And the so-called quality papers are even worse, if anything. I could have produced a better analysis of the CAS proceedings when I was a 10-year-old than Sam Wallace did in the Telegraph on Saturday. But I'm sure his piece got plenty of engagement and he's very happy with it.

A bugbear of mine is that our detractors keep labelling Abu Dhabi a nation state. It isn't, and my view is that anyone who's so thick that they can't get to grips with such a simple concept forfeits the right to have their views taken seriously on more complex aspects of the topic. But these people really couldn't give a toss about truth, accuracy or other similarly bothersome concepts.
I noticed that quite a few of the recently quoted articles refer to us as state owned but also mention our owner as the Sheikh in the same article, make your minds up FFS.

I doubt it's possible with the software used but banning hyperlinks within this thread would help with keeping the interactions down.

I don't need convincing, I know.

10am every morning conference. Data and theme teams asking what is hitting the mark and how to build further narrative.

City fans are doing their jobs for them.

Make them accountable, sure, but don't make them relevant.

United sell newspapers, it's certainly not because they play brilliant football.

I've walked away from this shit. 30 years working in an industry which is now dictated by algorithms and people sat reading forums and Twitter.

City fans being socially conditioned to think everyone hates us, based on the lazy tropes and bitterness of self-important spunk bubbles.

Yes I understand how it works (in principle, not being in the industry), I was questioning this statement:

"I am genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement (thus exposure and revenue) from Bluemoon and Bluemoon users on Twitter, Reddit, etc."

Whatever the methodology, I find it hard to believe that statement is true in any way, shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.