Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens is we post screenshots of headlines, peole google the article, click on it, and the same clicks happen (if that really matters), but with now an additional percentage of google searches registered. I get it is from a good place, but the obsession with not posting links is at best misplaced. Don't post them, don't click them, ignore the lot if it pleases you or you think it makes a difference. Others will though, don't let that upset you more than the articles themselves.
Far far fewer people will bother Googling the headline than will click on a hyperlink. Anything that lessens the interaction they get from here will make me happy.

E901E94F-A9B6-4C2A-9791-84B7DADEBFE0.jpeg

There is Treble talk around March of most seasons if Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester City are going well and I've always thought, 'Nah, I don't really want them to do it'.

But with this City team, you almost felt it was inevitable because they're that good. In all honesty, it's a pleasure for our 1999 team to be ranked alongside them as well as vice-versa because they are phenomenal. It doesn't reduce our achievement whatsoever.

Only special teams can do it. I watched the game on Saturday night and heard Guardiola say how incredibly difficult it is to win the Treble. What we did was brilliant and the same goes for City.

Yes I understand how it works (in principle, not being in the industry), I was questioning this statement:

"I am genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement (thus exposure and revenue) from Bluemoon and Bluemoon users on Twitter, Reddit, etc."

Whatever the methodology, I find it hard to believe that statement is true in any way, shape or form.

Wasn't he referring to people re-posting links on online forums generally rather than just BM (although I would imagine a hefty chunk of it comes from here!).

Is anyone listening to Jim & Jordan on Talk Shite this morning? Should be interesting.

Yes I understand how it works (in principle, not being in the industry), I was questioning this statement:

"I am genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement (thus exposure and revenue) from Bluemoon and Bluemoon users on Twitter, Reddit, etc."

Whatever the methodology, I find it hard to believe that statement is true in any way, shape or form.
That's probably not true to be fair as they'll get far more interactions from opposition fans although as time goes on they will get more and more from City fans. Bluemoon is just a small subset of City fans.

View attachment 82951

There is Treble talk around March of most seasons if Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester City are going well and I've always thought, 'Nah, I don't really want them to do it'.

But with this City team, you almost felt it was inevitable because they're that good. In all honesty, it's a pleasure for our 1999 team to be ranked alongside them as well as vice-versa because they are phenomenal. It doesn't reduce our achievement whatsoever.

Only special teams can do it. I watched the game on Saturday night and heard Guardiola say how incredibly difficult it is to win the Treble. What we did was brilliant and the same goes for City.

Fair play to Sheringham, why aren't there more honest and not at all bitter pundits like him around

Not the best picture TBH.

Stern and lack of emotion looking. At that moment.

Exactly what the City hating media want to see.

At least the picture taker got the money shot and won't have to work for the foreseeable future

View attachment 82907
I hate the old media I really do. These pieces posted with their negative “geo-political”spin are all very well and good but who fucking cares. Does anyone really think the fucking Guardian and Sky Sports - two organisations in terminal decline - have any real influence on anything. Apart from an ageing population of old farts, who actually looks at them (I speak from some personal experience here as an foc). Those thousands of City-mad kids partying in Manchester don’t give a flying fuck…and neither do I. As for the BBC finding Red sad fat bastards in Stockport sticking paper Inter badges on their too tight shirts…again who fucking cares. We’ve got the now and got a big piece of the future…they’re years behind us and old world media ain’t gonna change it.

It's behind a Paywall...

Ha ha ha .... that's a new one" "state-run". They have had state-owned, state-backed, state funded and now state-run. What does that even mean?

Maybe some of the less stupid journalists are realising that state-owned doesn't really fly if we are being charged with an individual "disguising equity funding" as sponsorship. Anyway, it's amusing seeing the mental gymnastics used in trying reconcile being owned by an individual with their beloved "sportswashing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.