Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that quite a few of the recently quoted articles refer to us as state owned but also mention our owner as the Sheikh in the same article, make your minds up FFS.

I doubt it's possible with the software used but banning hyperlinks within this thread would help with keeping the interactions down.
They treat the truth with utter contempt

All very well and good but who fucking cares. Does anyone really think the fucking Guardian and Sky Sports - two organisations in terminal decline - have any real influence on anything. Apart from an ageing population of old farts, who actually looks at them (I speak from some personal experience here as an foc). Those thousands of City-mad kids partying in Manchester don’t give a flying fuck…and neither do I. As for the BBC finding Red sad fat bastards in Stockport sticking paper Inter badges on their too tight shirts…again who fucking cares. We’ve got the now and got a big piece of the future…they’re years behind us and old world media ain’t gonna change it.

I take your point about the Guardian. Unfortunately Sly Sports News does have a lot of (social media) clout, whether we like to admit it or not. Apart from City fans who have stop watching Sly Sports News in their droves, fans of other clubs, especially the red shirt clubs, still watch it and lap up the anti City agenda and narrative.

Ha ha ha .... that's a new one" "state-run". They have had state-owned, state-backed, state funded and now state-run. What does that even mean?

Maybe some of the less stupid journalists are realising that state-owned doesn't really fly if we are being charged with an individual "disguising equity funding" as sponsorship. Anyway, it's amusing seeing the mental gymnastics used in trying reconcile being owned by an individual with their beloved "sportswashing".
Sports-washing is one of the most stupid piles of shite imaginable. The concept is all over the place.

Not the best picture TBH.

Stern and lack of emotion looking. At that moment.

Exactly what the City hating media want to see.

At least the picture taker got the money shot and won't have to work for the foreseeable future

View attachment 82907
Everyone on that picture is "stern looking" and not all of them are connected to us...
There is no context there... it's obviously before kick-off for a start

I take your point about the Guardian. Unfortunately Sly Sports News does have a lot of (social media) clout, whether we like to admit it or not. Apart from City fans who have stop watching Sly Sports News in their droves, fans of other clubs, especially the red shirt clubs, still watch it and lap up the anti City agenda and narrative.

Fans of the red shirt clubs are a lost cause. Jesus, I can understand that. United haven't been a threat for a decade but I still hate them with a passion, and, what's more, I have done my best to pass that down to the next generation.

More fans of other clubs are seeing what is happening with City all the time, which is good, but the real change will come when the next generation takes over. They will be saying Charlton, Best, Beckham? Who the fuck are they? Ri-who? They will have grown up with Haaland, de Bruyne and hopefully Foden. This is a long-term war, imho, forget the minor skirmishes.

I completely agree with you here. What is the point of posting negative articles. The hacks have nothing to say, never have and never will. Who cares what they write as its the scribblings of a jealous imbecile with no cohesion and on top of that it's also a boring read. It's like posting a comment off RWAK or some other shit red top forum. I stopped reading their nonsense a few years back and I don't miss it

That in fairness is a different and very valid take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.