Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the twat not mention the time that he called City a small club and accused City fans of abusing a disabled Everton supporter a few years back?
Which later turned out to be not true. I hate this guy with a passion. He had to crowbar the dippers in there too didn't he? They committed crimes at last years final everyone knows that the cheeky bastard should not lump our magnificent club with that feral lot. I hope the Pope told him to Fuck off too the other week. At least he congratulated us on the Treble - oh wait......
I've met Burnham through work and he needs to heed his own words about treating people properly.

“Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham:

"UEFA - what a disgrace, leaving #ManCity fans to walk miles to get to the ground. No transport, no nothing. We saw what they did last year in Paris and all the arrangements there that failed thousands and thousands of #Liverpool supporters and #RealMadrid supporters," he said.

"But again, they pick these grounds, I think, for these games on the basis of politics or who they please. They give no regard for the arrangements of the travelling supporters. I saw pictures of #ManchesterCity fans walking miles down roads to try and get there. It's not acceptable. #UEFA, you are a disgrace.

"You need to up your game and you need to treat people properly when they travel thousands of miles around the world and pay your ticket prices. This is a bureaucracy that makes absolute millions out of English football supporters but is never held to account. We need to call them out.

"They let down #MCFC supporters massively last weekend.

And thankfully, it didn't ruin their weekend. But they do it year after year to English football supporters and we've had enough of it. We need change from UEFA and I think we really should join forces and send that message loud and clear to them.”

[via BBC Radio Manchester]

Did mention the way the two sets of fans dealt with the problems ?

City just got on with it and it seems were helped by the inter fans

Dippers jibbing in, flake tickets, batons and tear gas to control them.

Delaney doesn't hate City. At all.

He simply loves his career and the financial rewards it's currently bringing him.

People call it an 'agenda'. Perhaps it is, but it's an agenda driven by being rewarded for content that drives engagement.

He knows the stuff he writes gets a huge amount of traffic. This leads to more and more opportunities to appear across the rapidly expanding podcast universe, which expands his exposure even further.

He's a smart lad. He says and writes exactly what his audience craves.

I worked with him recently, on a (I'll keep it unnamed for the moment) U.S. network's streaming platform that produces a lot of additional documentary content to supplement their live sport coverage.

The focus of one specific piece was Vincent Kompany. Delaney was one of a number of journalists approached to give his thoughts on Vinny's career. He was like a giddy kid. Couldn't wait to get involved and be effusive in his praise of VK and City during his time with us.

Why? Because he got a very decent paycheck and the opportunity to appear on a well-viewed platform. He says what pays.

It's not rocket science. Create engagement = get rewarded. I know for a fact he reads this forum. He'll be dining out on the outrage.

Harris though, seems fucking unhinged. Especially as, in comparison to Delaney, he has very little exposure, so can't be making a decent living from his nonsense.
"He says what pays". Well that's some epitaph to look forward to. Moralising about others whilst having no morals yourself.
"He's a smart lad" - well it certainly doesn't come across in his rantings. Terrible writer - appalling constructions.

You get the feeling with Delaney that he doesn't actually like football, but Harris is just a nasty vindictive shithead.

Saying that they both can't be surprised if as they put it some of our "Lunatic" fanbase actually go ahead and act like lunatics.

Since we won the treble we have scrubbed and disinfected 3 close-ish family members and one friend off the Xmas list, they really did harbour very bad thoughts and were eventually outed as poisonous, they believed hook line and sinker what these two wankers and arseholes like Dan Roan print.

Yeah - I mean, once City had knocked out Bayern and Madrid, there was a clear path for City to win the thing.

Erm - is that because they’d got to the Final by then, knocking those teams out on the way?

Jesus fucking wept!

And this guy expects anyone with half a brain to take his barely coherent, grossly simplistic witterings about football finance and the geopolitics of the Middle East remotely seriously?

Yeah - once City had won the quarter final, and semi final................. they had a clear run to the final ??? Genius

You’re missing the key point which is that ultimately it’s his job and every time someone replies to him on Twitter or posts a link to one of his articles, it’s improves his KPI’s and gets him paid…

Until a few years ago his bread and butter was trolling United fans with ludicrous transfer links that teenagers and bots would retweet and articles critical of the setup there. Redcafe ultimately banned any content from him being posted, his KPIs dropped and he moved on to another money earner being City as the biggest story in town.

It’s not just consigned to ‘journalists’ either.

A few years back, Brent Di Cesare was a police office in Nottingham no doubt doing the long night shifts and getting abused regularly in the streets. He created a character ‘Mark Goldbridge’ providing ragebait for United fans and now a few years later has £625k in the bank (per last accounts), probably gets up at lunchtime everyday and ‘works’ a few hours a week, funded by people doing the 9-5 graft posting his stuff around and calling him a loser…..

As to the credibility angle, do you think Ed Sheeran for example really gives a flying fuck that people think he’s a sell out for writing 90% of pop music out there while counting his hundred of millions of ££ - answer, he does not.

Delaney and his cohorts are living the dream, they get to go around the world watching football from the best seats, eating for free, drinking at the free bars and it’s all funded by the people in the street engaging with them.

If people had enough self-control to just you know, ignore the guy, he would very quickly have to find another cashcow - indeed he is already slowly transitioning over to Newcastle - but it seems to be a pipedream that the City fan base could just enjoy the successes on the pitch and ignore Twitter…

It doesn’t matter if City fans ignore them or not, they are still making plenty of money from United, Liverpool, Arsenal and other fans who hate City. At least City fans are calling them out for there lies, which is better than not doing anything at all, and letting the lies multiple and go unchallenged and unanswered. Let the fight continue. 1 more win against the PL and it’s finally over. UEFA, FIFA, and the FA already seen off.

Delaney, Harris & Co.

25,000 City fans in Istanbul.

Not a single arrest. Not a single incident. No trouble with the Turkish Police and locals. City and Inter fans getting on together before and after the match.

I bet you 2 cunts didn’t tweet any of that, did you? Because it’s not what your Red shirt followers want to read, is it. Cunts!

Delaney, Harris & Co.

25,000 City fans in Istanbul.

Not a single arrest. Not a single incident. No trouble with the Turkish Police and locals. City and Inter fans getting on together before and after the match.

I bet you 2 cunts didn’t tweet any of that, did you? Because it’s not what your Red shirt followers want to read, is it. Cunts!

The truth doesnt make them money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.