Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MUEN had one of those Manchester way back when photo pages up, and I came accross these Likely lads.

Anyone recognise themselves outside Maine rd?
They are wearing penny round shirts ,which were only in fashion for a year or two, maybe 1972/3.
So if those guys were around 16/17 at the time of the photo,they will be 66/67 now.
The guy 2nd from the right looks a bit like Johnny Muir, but then again it probably isn't him.

They are wearing penny round shirts ,which were only in fashion for a year or two, maybe 1972/3.
So if those guys were around 16/17 at the time of the photo,they will be 66/67 now.
The guy 2nd from the right looks a bit like Johnny Muir, but then again it probably isn't him.
Impressive fashion knowledge!

Definitely Johnny Muir,knew him when his parents had the Birch Villa,probably 50 years old that picture!!!

Definitely Johnny Muir,knew him when his parents had the Birch Villa,probably 50 years old that picture
So I was right after all.
It is Johnny Muir, and 50 years ago is 1972 - like I said.
Thanks for the confirmation pal.
I wonder what Johnny Muir is up to now ?
He was a game lad back in those days.
I saw him get an old bakelite phone smashed into his forehead by a West Ham fan on Piccadilly Station circa 1971. His face was covered in blood but he wanted to carry on fighting with the West Ham boys who were the forerunners of the ICF.
No City/West Ham mutual love in then. Just pure violence from both sets of fans.

This is the painful thing about it.

Youtuber to get attention says something controversial to gain a response, people think he is an idiot but retweet his post/comments, youtuber gets more clicks, rinse and repeat.

I get what the youtuber gets out of it but why are people, who think his views are stupid, giving him the notoriety he craves?

The thing is he doesn't normally say anything controversial.

All the football YouTubers are on each other's podcasts and videos and if they come out with stupid unbelievable comments they would be rinsed mercifully and lose any credibility they already had.

He's just a bitter tool because he thought Haaland was Chelsea bound

What an absolute wanker

Not the hill I would choose to die on, but if he wants Haaland to be his thing, that's up to him I guess.

For me, I would be keeping a bit quiet after being found out for his "linked to Chelsea" v "signed for Man City" comments.

Because for him, that's humiliating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.