Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd tune into the muppets on the 7pm Transfer show on SSN to hear about our new LB signing, and instead I got an assault on my ears of "Manchesh Nited".

I actually counted 55 references of "Manchester United", averaging a mention of their club name every 20 seconds for 18 whole minutes.

Hells bells.
This is doing my fuckin nut in at the moment.

People must be getting briefed before going on air or TV, they were never known as Manchester United when spoken of it was Man utd or Man U or just united.

Fucking cunts, just like the Dippers wanting to copyright the city name.

Fuck Off. City and Everton are just as important to the 2 Cities as you pair of fuckin rancid tourist attractions.

Bit of a running theme isn't there?

Delaney says we're "sterile industrialisation". Michail antonio (who was on the pitch!) says we were "liquid" and "unbelievable"

Barney ronay said erling Haaland vs Liverpool was "Astonishingly bad", whilst Wayne rooney said he "must have been watching a different game" to nerdy hacks like ronay. Think shearer said similar too

But hey, what do shearer and rooney know about playing centre forward over this little nerd?

View attachment 52354
It appears the glut of small-minded, bileful hacks such as these, who remain so inwardly wedded to their own toxic ejaculate, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, has given our language a new word: ronanism.

Used to watch Cold Feet as my missus liked it, Manchester portrayed as a sanitised middle class paradise and worse a one team city. They never shut up about the rags City simply didn't exist, would have loved to see Nesbits character get shit kicked out of him by the governors. In the more recent series set in the last couple of years football not mentioned once, I wonder why.

This is doing my fuckin nut in at the moment.

People must be getting briefed before going on air or TV, they were never known as Manchester United when spoken of it was Man utd or Man U or just united.

Fucking cunts, just like the Dippers wanting to copyright the city name.

Fuck Off. City and Everton are just as important to the 2 Cities as you pair of fuckin rancid tourist attractions.
I feel your pain. The Rags need the trademark so force the media to use their full name. Note that they forsake the need to state that it’s a FC.

Yes it was. City were not just the only team to beat Chelsea in the Premier League that season we were the only team Chelsea didn't beat (0-0 away) and the only team Chelsea failed to score against.

I particularly enjoyed the crowd singing at Mourinho in his trademark shabby coat in the home game "Your coat is from Matalan".

IIRC James made a great save right at the end of the game to deny them a late winner.
That was great save (right at the death, from Lampard, as I recall). Never seems to make it into any of those 'Best Saves' compilations for some reason.

Last edited:
I think Micky de Loony has a point when he talks about sterile industrialisation.
We get a free kick just short of the halfway line and it may well reach Eddie before getting into the opposition half.
We get into shooting positions and it's another fifty passes before we shoot. It can be frustrating on the rare occasions we are chasing the game.
But if you can't appreciate the quality of the passes, the defensive organisation, and the finishing from midfield and attack, then you probably don't understand football. - And so many reporters don't.
Blitz the opposition, loads of high balls into the box, hoof and hope. It might well be slightly more exciting on an attack by attack basis but how come we are top PL scorers almost every season if City's approach is so sterile?
Football isn't always about goals scored though. And we have a defence "that can be got at". So how come our defence is often the tightest? The best teams score loads and concede very few, and we've had the best goal difference many seasons since that glorious Agueroooooo moment.
We scored loads under Pellers and conceded very few under Mancini. Pep has taken us to new levels at both ends of the pitch and we regularly break goalscoring records during a season.
If that's "sterile industrialisation" I'll settle for another ten or twenty years of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.