Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this from Bernardo :

"Playing in the Premier League and winning four titles in five years and checking the Premier League team of the year every year and knowing that we're never the team that has the most players. We don't have the best manager, we don't have the best players, but we still win four Premier Leagues in five years? It just doesn't make sense. It probably shows that City players don't get as much credit as they should.

"For me, it doesn't matter honestly. I'm happy with the titles that we have and with the memories that in the last five years, we won four times. Of course, we don't get the credit that we deserve."

I am glad he said it doesnt matter because I feel that our haters in the media want exactly this, City players to leave because their careers get ignored.
I’m sure fellow professionals give credit where it’s due. The media is something else.

No pal, I think it was Newcastle, me and my gaffer were guest’s, I was driving as usual!!

I got married in Duky Town Hall, 32 years ago, bad memories, reception Duky Masonic, memories, good or bad :-).
There was a sportsman's dinner many years ago at Duky Town Hall and he was the guest speaker, just thought you might have been there

There was a sportsman's dinner many years ago at Duky Town Hall and he was the guest speaker, just thought you might have been there
Missed that one, saw Alan Ball at the Ridge Hill Club in Staly when he was our Manager, quite good, enjoyed it.

I’ve sent a complaint letter about the over the top coverage of the rags. They reply but don’t say if they’ll change - because we know they can’t.

Happy to DM the email chain if anyone else wants to bombard them too!!
Just to show how Sky don't care: here is the complaint email:

To: ViewerR@BSkyB.com
Subject: Sky sports
Date: 12 August 2022 09:07:23 BST

Dear Sirs

The programme has become a joke. EVERY programme has spent most of Its time discussing Manchester United. - their manager; their failures; their transfer targets. This is to the exclusion of the really interesting and successful clubs.

I can only assume you get funded by the amount of time spent discussing this one club.

They are now one of the mid table clubs. Why do you spend all your time discussing them & making them the headline feature.

Fans from all clubs are sick of it & you are losing them to other channels.

Change the record

-----

<ViewerR@sky.uk> wrote:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with our coverage given to Manchester United.

As a football fan, you will know that the club are going through some challenging times just now and did not have a great start to the new season.

Sky Sports News - in particular - will always highlight the issues faced and we would do the same for any of the teams that make up the Premier League.

However, we always welcome the feedback from our viewers and again, Your comments have been logged.

Enjoy the season ahead on Sky Sports and many thanks again for your
email.

Kind Regards,
Dylan
Viewer Relations

To: "All Viewer Relations @sky.uk" <ViewerR@BSkyB.com>
Subject: Re: Programme Information - Sky Sports –

Date: 12 August 2022 11:22:45 BST

Thanks for your prompt reply. I agree the matter needs some coverage but this week it's been wall to wall and frankly totally repetitive. Really poor presentation as there's not much to say about them other than they have been poor for the last ten years compared with the real top PL clubs. But there seems to be an agenda at Sky that you have to say the words "Manchester United" every 5 minutes.

Their days have gone. Can't you move on? Ooops- it's on again (5 minutes went by without mentioning them but most of that was for adverts)

There have been amazing things going on at Spurs; Arsenal; Forest - not to mention Liverpool & Man City but they have to share the spare half hour when you don't mention the "other" team.

Afraid you cannot just excuse the coverage given to MU just because they're not doing well.

It's really a disgrace and you have 19 other PL fans who are noticeably SICK of Sky & as soon as they can get coverage of games from less biased organisations they will leave in droves.

Listen to Peter Drury commentaries & compare him with the dross from Martin Tyler who mentions MU as soon as he can

You really need to take this seriously

----------

<ViewerR@sky.uk> wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your further feedback .

We have considered all of your points and would like to thank you

Again for sharing your views with us.

Have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Dylan
Viewer Relations

------------------------

To: "All Viewer Relations @sky.uk" <ViewerR@BSkyB.com>

You haven't answered any of my points

Are you going to raise the issyr with the people who matter? Will anything be done or are you just "going through the PR motions".

Glad I have all this in writing. I'm sure many media outlets will be interested to see how you fob off your customers.

I'd really appreciate a thoughtful reply

My aim was not just to "share my views" with you but for Sky to consider them and do something about them. Do you ever take action when you receive such complaints or do the MUFC connections rule the channel!

-----------------------

On 12 Aug 2022, at 14:57, All Viewer Relations @sky.uk <ViewerR@sky.uk> wrote:

Good Afternoon

Thank you again for your further e-mail,

We have considered all of your points and would like to thank you again
for sharing your views with us.

We have no further comment to make.

Kind Regards
Paul
Viewer Relations

-----------------

Ah. Ok. So no change; action or consideration for the fans of the other 19 premier league clubs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.