Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous that some in the media tried to find a negative angle on a 4-0 home win. Yesterday I couldn't go so I had to watch the US broadcast coverage (NBC) on a dodgy stream. The overall tone was positive and aspirational. Not just the City coverage but the way they covered all the PL games. I hadn't watched US coverage for years but I found it a breath of fresh air. What came across was a love of football with no bias and the tactical analysis was also miles ahead of SKY and BBC.
What has happened to the UK sports media? They should be celebrating our national sport but everything is distorted and reported through a negative filter. Coverage is dominated by the collapse of United. I accept it's a big story but most fans in the country don't support United. For example the Everton/Villa match was reported through the stale Lampard/Gerrard narrative. Who gives a shit? The whole UK media industry is fixated on the past.
I don’t just like this post; I absolutely love it. Well said mate. Utterly spot-on.

Amazing how the press thinks Jesus is a better player no longer playing for City.

As a City fan I see no difference my self, except he's getting more game time. Zinchenko too.

It's a funny old world.

He also has that bit more space to play in at Arsenal. Teams don't park a 747 plane against them like they do to us.

The comparisons to him and Haaland will only intensify the more he scores and we will have to endure the media backlash to it, but we know as fans who watched him for nearly 6 seasons that as good as a player he was, he was never the player to take the baton over from Aguero.

I wish him all the best but he has found his level at Arsenal. Less pressure, more space to play in and knows that if he has a bad game the level behind him is a lot less than he had at City, so he probably won't be dropped.

Listening to Neville last night had me thinking similar.
He was basically saying that until ushited spend enough on the right players that will in turn have them win the league again its not fair.
Deluded little prick who can't handle football moving on without his beloved stuck in the 90s club.
He expects pity and for us all to pause while they try and catch up.

Fuck you Neville and fuck your rancid club
The rags have spent plenty but have bought overpriced, overpaid and underperforming shite. Maybe they could look at constructing a proper strategy and buying players to fit a system and not just any old dross in a scattergun approach and expect it to work.

10th season of 'transition'.

The whole UK media industry is fixated on the past.
Not just the media.
It's what holds us back as a country.
History is great, no one loves it more than I do. But the future is way more important, especially for our children and young people. We need to be less focused on what was and more focused on what will be.
The football nostalgia industry is the only area where United are booming.

Totally. The Birmingham Commonwealth closing ceremony was the epitome of the UKs sickly nostalgia junky fixation. Embarrassing.
Suppose there was a spitfire and Lancaster fly past at some point.
The obsession with the past is strange and damaging. English football has never been stronger. Our clubs dominate in Europe and the international team is one of the best (the women are the best). Our clubs had an incredible 14 Balon D'Orr nominations (12 from City and Liverpool); attendances are huge across the football pyramid; the football industry supports tens of thousands of jobs and is watched by hundreds of millions across the world. It is the most positive thing in this country when we have precious little to shout about.
So why does the English media persist in covering football in such a negative way? The hacks always go for the cheap shot, anything that fuels the tribalism of fans, anything that can scapegoat someone, anything divisive. For example they tried to get Jesus to have a pop at City (he wasn't daft enough to bite). Why not just celebrate his brilliance?
Most of the football media is a disgrace. It is damaging the game we all love and dividing people. Fans of all clubs really deserve a lot better.

Last edited:
Amazing how the press thinks Jesus is a better player no longer playing for City.

As a City fan I see no difference my self, except he's getting more game time. Zinchenko too.

It's a funny old world.
It was obvious at one stage they’d asked him about leaving City because he said he wasn’t unhappy with us and a couple of nice things about us but they soon shut him up!

It's a funny old world.
Only thing I see is maybe they're playing with a bit more freedom, not so restricted. Gabby's an excellent player and remember nearly always Brazils no 9. He just wasn't right for Pep's team long term. Same for Zinc only not as good as Gabby. Arsenal have made two great signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.