Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a bit late but Jenas' Spursy comments on MOTD at the weekend, made me remember the double standards the UK media keep in general, when it comes to City.

Chapman referenced a retrospective ban that was dished out, for a similar incident to the foul on Cucurella, if I remember right. Jenas jokingly(but he probably meant it) said: "Don't be trying to get him a red card, that's done with now" or something to that effect, in response.

I'm not sure if retrospective bans are still available but the energy would still be entirely different, if it was City that got away with a call like that. That was a big mistake by VAR and objectively so but it had already been forgotten about by the next day, by most of the media.

I still haven't forgotten the way Sky demanded that the PL hand Aguero a 3 match ban for 4 days straight or something daft. If I remember right, it wasn't even a nailed on red card they missed either(didn't make contact and could have just been putting his arm back trying to hold the player off, which is seen all the time in football).

Also, why do Spurs get so many of those lucky breaks, with "mistakes" leading to points for them in big games? The only refreshing thing is it's not against City this time, for once.

Last edited:
I remember an interview with Gaz Baz and he said something along the lines of, whenever he was in a tight spot and needed an out ball, all he had to do was look to his side and there would be David Silva, in space and ready to take a pass.
Nice!..It would be nice to see Merlin playing with our team just once more..

I remember an interview with Gaz Baz and he said something along the lines of, whenever he was in a tight spot and needed an out ball, all he had to do was look to his side and there would be David Silva, in space and ready to take a pass.

And if I remember rightly, in the first title-winning year Silva voted for Barry as player of the year.
Both undemonstrative, and team players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.