Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol in the Manumirror, Pep Guardiola must be aware of Manual Akanji weakness as City close in.
I mean seriously, the bitter twats
The only weakness in his stats is apparently winning headers though he is still very solid at this. In fact all his stats are superb, amongst the best in Germany. He is the best passing defender in their league with a 91% passing success rate. He looks a snip at £15m.

That was a fantastic last 20 minutes as I remember, was there with some mates from school going down rows of terraces when the winner went on. I can only remember Colin Bells goals to be honest.
@Norman kneejerk I did not come from a footballing family and was not allowed, (too young) to go on my own. For that reason watching City live was a rare occasion. No sky/bt and too young to watch motd meant I rarely saw any of those great players, that match was better than virtually anything I can think of.

Lol in the Manumirror, Pep Guardiola must be aware of Manual Akanji weakness as City close in.
I mean seriously, the bitter twats
Just read that, shitty headline as 90% of the article actually praises his attributes, at the end they just mention he was way down in the Bundesliga stats for centre halfs winning heading duels.

It's all based on what the media fan boy Harry kane does. Alot of the time he drops into that number 10 position and gets plenty of touches so that's the bench mark all good strikers will be judged on
I wouldn’t put it past Haaland to do the number 10 bit regularly, once Pep has worked on him.

I’m guessing the one the other guy is remembering is the game where Corrigan disputed where the penalty spot was, as it had disappeared and they ended up getting a tape measure out and repainting it during the match. Another hammering but only 4-0 that time. Well earlier than the 6-0 though. Maybe ‘77?
The ref paced out 12 yards from the goal line and came up with about 10. Er, it’s six yards from the six yard line and six from the edge of the area. You could accurately place it halfway between the two by eye.

@Norman kneejerk I did not come from a footballing family and was not allowed, (too young) to go on my own. For that reason watching City live was a rare occasion. No sky/bt and too young to watch motd meant I rarely saw any of those great players, that match was better than virtually anything I can think of.
It was indeed. First big comeback I ever saw city do. Seemed impossible at the time. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.