Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps (!!) I was at Maine Road in September 1971 when we beat came from behind twice to beat Wolves in the League Cup 4-3. We were first 2-0 down after 20mins or so, then 3-1 down with 10mins to go, before Colin Bell scored a couple and Franny Lee scored a penalty late on for us to win it..
@johnevans

Cheers bud, that must be the one, for all these years I remembered it as 3-2. I was 13.

If it helps (!!) I was at Maine Road in September 1971 when we beat came from behind twice to beat Wolves in the League Cup 4-3. We were first 2-0 down after 20mins or so, then 3-1 down with 10mins to go, before Colin Bell scored a couple and Franny Lee scored a penalty late on for us to win it..
That was a fantastic last 20 minutes as I remember, was there with some mates from school going down rows of terraces when the winner went on. I can only remember Colin Bells goals to be honest.

The media making out that Antony (The new rag soon to be flop) fought his way out of the gutter to get where he is.

Whenever I read stuff like this, it reminds me nobody started from a worse position than me !

OK, I’m not earning 250K a week, but I came from the worst possible beginnings !

ONE OF A MILLION SURVIVING IN MY DADS BALLS, TRYING NOT TO END UP IN A TISSUE, ONLY TO BE INJECTED IN TO A WARM DARK TUBE AND FIGHT OFF A THOUSAND OTHERS IN AN UPSTREAM SWIM.

Let’s not even talk about the 9 months or 57 years after that.

A few years in a Brazilian slum …. nothing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.