Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our coverage is starting to change.

Haaland is the game changer. He's the global superstar that will increase the $$$ for Premier League rights across the world.

The City coverage in the UK may be slower to adapt, but it will, when sooner rather than later they realise that the clicks they are chasing from overseas are all wanting Haaland and City articles.
I think firms like SKY have missed the boat. They have failed to see the transformation of English football happening in front of their eyes. Sky is still trapped in the 1990s from their underdressed female presenters to their schedules full of retro matches involving LFC, MUFC, and sometimes the old Arsenal team.
They have also failed to capitalise on the rapid growth of the PL in the USA, spearheaded by teams like City and Chelsea. The explosion of digital pay-per-view broadcasting by the clubs themselves and also commercial content giants like Amazon Prime will kill them. SKY, with its fixation on the past and its sneering tone about "new money" City, had a head start on everyone.... but they have blown it.

I always thought the history of the old 53 bus route and its links to football in this conurbation would have made a decent historical research project for @Gary James or someone else. Not only linked Maine Road and the trafford dump directly, but also passed very close to the Etihad and even Hyde Road. And also as you say Lancs CCC
I agree. Never managed to do it but just think of its significance going right back to when it was a tram route too. Bank St can be added to the list of grounds, plus of course it wouldn’t be too far (another short tram ride) from the 53 at Belle Vue and on to Hyde Rd. A few footballers have talked to me about the 53 in passing over the years - Paul Lake mentioned using it from Belle Vue to Maine Rd and Dave Wagstaffe told a great story about being on it and finding out he’d been transferred (if my memory is correct - I have the audio somewhere).

All the media want at the moment is halland TV companies etc etc all they are talking about is halland he's the next big global superstar. I'm adamant it's why the rags were desperate to hold on to Ronaldo.

I agree. Never managed to do it but just think of its significance going right back to when it was a tram route too. Bank St can be added to the list of grounds, plus of course it wouldn’t be too far (another short tram ride) from the 53 at Belle Vue and on to Hyde Rd. A few footballers have talked to me about the 53 in passing over the years - Paul Lake mentioned using it from Belle Vue to Maine Rd and Dave Wagstaffe told a great story about being on it and finding out he’d been transferred (if my memory is correct - I have the audio somewhere).
My Dad was Dave Wagstaff's classmate at north manc.for boys....best slortsman he's ever seen ...brilliant at everything..bit of a bully mind!

I think firms like SKY have missed the boat. They have failed to see the transformation of English football happening in front of their eyes. Sky is still trapped in the 1990s from their underdressed female presenters to their schedules full of retro matches involving LFC, MUFC, and sometimes the old Arsenal team.
They have also failed to capitalise on the rapid growth of the PL in the USA, spearheaded by teams like City and Chelsea. The explosion of digital pay-per-view broadcasting by the clubs themselves and also commercial content giants like Amazon Prime will kill them. SKY, with its fixation on the past and its sneering tone about "new money" City, had a head start on everyone.... but they have blown it.
Absolutely spot on I’ve been saying the same, Sky and others have been so narrow minded you almost Believe it’s been on purpose.

I always thought the history of the old 53 bus route and its links to football in this conurbation would have made a decent historical research project for @Gary James or someone else. Not only linked Maine Road and the trafford dump directly, but also passed very close to the Etihad and even Hyde Road. And also as you say Lancs CCC
Them were the days, the 53, I used to get it from Trafford Bar to the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.