Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to TalkSPORT this evening at work. The rag Andy Goldstein and Darren Bent couldn’t praise Haaland high enough. Nearly crashed when Goldstein said that he would pay money to watch Haaland and that he thinks he will score 40+ goals in the league this year.

Darren Bent said that Haaland was the best value for money signing of the window when you consider that Liverpool paid 30million more for Nunez, Spurs paid 52million for Richarlison, Chelsea 60million for Cucarella etc. Only thing that let him down was he repeatedly said Haaland cost 54million.

Maybe I was in a twilight zone but I definitely heard them bumming up Haaland.
Tbf they both big City up alot.

Sly Sports Transfer Deadline Day was a classic this evening. Dumber and Dumber were in form and talking absolute sh*te as usual. Thankfully Mike saved the show.

Fletcher on BT Sport commentating on Leicester v United. Questioned if Ronaldo really wanted to leave United at all. Even though Mendez has been whoring Ronaldo around European clubs for weeks, which Fletcher like all of us knew about.

Last edited:
It’s fucking fantastic that the sports media in this country cannot bring themselves to praise Haaland and are looking for anyway to pick holes in what he does. They are willing him to fail and at the same time cannot acknowledge the sound business they club have done in acquiring Haaland by saying the fee is made up.

They don’t believe the fee can be true because he’s so brilliant & then try & tell us he’s not very good & errr he’s also got a buy out clause (this one is true) & will be off to Madrid for 150m despite failing in the prem.

Mental gymnastics

You’d think the media would learn about declaring our signings failures before they even step foot on the pitch…

But then “city sign another great player” won’t get enough clicks will it?

They don’t believe the fee can be true because he’s so brilliant & then try & tell us he’s not very good & errr he’s also got a buy out clause (this one is true) & will be off to Madrid for 150m despite failing in the prem.

Mental gymnastics
I missed it endlessly chasing down my toddler that just this week learned to walk, then jog — what’s his buy out clause set at?

Our coverage is starting to change.

Haaland is the game changer. He's the global superstar that will increase the $$$ for Premier League rights across the world.

The City coverage in the UK may be slower to adapt, but it will, when sooner rather than later they realise that the clicks they are chasing from overseas are all wanting Haaland and City articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.