Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does seem to have become fixated on one issue and there must be a very limited market for his output. To make money as a freelance you need to be versatile and impartial (because you may do work for very different outlets with very different political stances) He has undermined his own reputation because of some of his content on Twitter.
Unless all you write is bitter Anti-City shite, that seems to go down well with most news outlests.

Unless all you write is bitter Anti-City shite, that seems to go down well with most news outlests.
The anti-City content seems to have been fading out a bit these days. I think we may have reached a bit of a tipping point. Perhaps some people in the media are starting to see that it makes commercial sense to start treating City fairly because we might actually drive some revenues for them. Out global fanbase is huge now, especially in the USA.

The anti-City content seems to have been fading out a bit these days. I think we may have reached a bit of a tipping point. Perhaps some people in the media are starting to see that it makes commercial sense to start treating City fairly because we might actually drive some revenues for them. Out global fanbase is huge now, especially in the USA.
Maybe, it will be long overdue but tbh they have burnt a lot of bridges in the last 14 years, I won't be rushing to buy any newspapers now.

Total lies. Deflection tactic from Gerard and the keeper did not make any complaint. The video suggests there was some taunting from our fans but any contact was accidental as people ran on to the pitch. Fake news from BBC Sport...not a surprise these days.
Cynically I sed as a way to Cloud our fantastic Title win and failed miserably -apart from the BBC of course who ran with it as far as it could go (which nobody was interested in)

Total lies. Deflection tactic from Gerard and the keeper did not make any complaint. The video suggests there was some taunting from our fans but any contact was accidental as people ran on to the pitch. Fake news from BBC Sport...not a surprise these days.

Common Assault offences cover both intentional and reckless (sometimes construed as 'accidental') actions. This means that you can be charged with Common Assault both if you meant to hurt someone (or cause them to think they were going to be hurt) and if you didn't mean to.

Oh and before you start whining about fake news and the biased BBC, perhaps you should see this statement from Manchester City.

Manchester City would like to sincerely apologise to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen, who was assaulted after the final whistle at today’s match when fans entered the pitch.
Or are the club also part of the anti-City media agenda? I suppose it's only a matter or time.

Common Assault offences cover both intentional and reckless (sometimes construed as 'accidental') actions. This means that you can be charged with Common Assault both if you meant to hurt someone (or cause them to think they were going to be hurt) and if you didn't mean to.

Oh and before you start whining about fake news and the biased BBC, perhaps you should see this statement from Manchester City.

Manchester City would like to sincerely apologise to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen, who was assaulted after the final whistle at today’s match when fans entered the pitch.
Or are the club also part of the anti-City media agenda? I suppose it's only a matter or time.
The City statement was put out immediately after Gerard's comments (prematurely). The complaint was never progressed by the keeper and there was not enough evidence. So it never was an assault. At worst it was an allegation. As far as I know the BBC have never corrected their original story or made any attempt to check the story.
I don't think the whole BBC is biased. But I know for a fact that some individuals within the BBC Online football operation are biased against City and seem incapable of reporting on the club in a professional way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.