Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds made up to me
Sounds pathetic, apparently because someone from our academy tragically took their own life after being released, then the parents of some of those being released now think the same might happen to their kids. This to me seems completely inappropriate, and their focus should be (a) on looking after the welfare of their own kids and managing their expectations (b) having respect for the terrible and real bereavement of the family of Jeremy Wisten. Are we responsible for everyone who loses out in the X Factor, or who doesn’t get a job they apply for? I didn’t read the whole article as it was such utterly snide and pathetic journalism but this seemed to be the gist of it. RIP Jeremy

You're doing it again. Highlighting stories showing the club in a poor light, while ignoring the facts on the ground and choosing to amplify the negatives. Are you actually a City fan? Have you ever been to a game?

The only thing I've highlighted is that the club thinks it was an assault, so demanding the BBC doesn't call it one is absurd.

If that upsets you, take it up with the club.

That's certainly fair enough, and I can respect the difference of opinion - I probably wouldn't call it an assault myself - but I can accept that it does fit the legal definition and the club used the word itself, which is why I thought it a bit much for someone describing the BBC reporting as "total lies" and an example of BBC bias against City.
The club were embarrassed by the action of a few morons who think they are “great” supporters. However, no way would the man on the street consider it to be “assault”

Why are some people on here so quick to have a go at our club? It is probably the best run club in the world.

We’ve not had the greatest reputation for how we let youngsters go for a good while now having spoken to quite a few parents who’s kids have been “in the system”.

I only have their various comments and views (many independent btw) to back that up and let’s be honest, there’s no easy way of breaking the news, but back in 2001 when I did a stint at the job centre and had to register a few youth team lads, they weren’t too impressed either, it was actually incredibly sad, one in particular was absolutely devastated.
A few parents of kids that didn’t make it mmmm

Don’t hear criticism from the thousands that don’t make it at City but happily use the amazing experience to make a career elsewhere. You join an academy like ours for the superb training & ambition but they must also have a level of realism & be prepared for the fact that very few make the top level.

Why are some people on here so quick to have a go at our club? It is probably the best run club in the world.

I fail to see how pointing out what the club thinks of an incident is "having a go".

If anything the ones criticising the club are the plethora of repsonses from people saying the club was wrong, the club was rushed, the club shoudln't have said that.

I fail to see how pointing out what the club thinks of an incident is "having a go".

If anything the ones criticising the club are the plethora of repsonses from people saying the club was wrong, the club was rushed, the club shoudln't have said that.
It was a general response to your comment - not particularly aimed at you. but there is a lot of negativity from a few of the same people - & I do wonder if they are stalking this site!!

The only thing I've highlighted is that the club thinks it was an assault, so demanding the BBC doesn't call it one is absurd.

You didn’t answer PB’s question, the club may have been talking about an assault on his personal space, you introduced common assault unless you can point me to where the club said this ?

Ok let’s close the fucking forum, have no opinions apart from yours (which tbh are the most sanctimonious and arrogant on here) and everyone else can just take everything else up with the club.

I'm not one to take pleasure when people are out of a job; just doesn't sit right with me.
However he's been a **** about us ever since Mancini so I'm a little torn about his current predicament.
There's plenty of jobs out there for him to apply for. Hopefully he can find a new career

Ok let’s close the fucking forum, have no opinions apart from yours (which tbh are the most sanctimonious and arrogant on here) and everyone else can just take everything else up with the club.

Again, all I've done is point out to someone complaining that the BBC said Robin Olsen was assaulted that it is also the opinion of Manchester City that he was assaulted.

I'm not saying you can't have a different opinion, (I actually said I wouldn't call it assault myself) but you cannot get angry in the media thread about the media being biased against City for using Manchester City's language to describe the incident.

I'm not sure why this has rattled so many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.