Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total lies. Deflection tactic from Gerard and the keeper did not make any complaint. The video suggests there was some taunting from our fans but any contact was accidental as people ran on to the pitch. Fake news from BBC Sport...not a surprise these days.
Sorry, but someone (or more than one?) running up from behind the goalie and slapping or punching him in the back of the head isn't accidental. The fact that the goalie didn't push it after the fact is immaterial. It was moronic behaviour and there really is no justification or defence.

Reactions: CC1
I wouldn't expect the ones that failed to have good things to say, more a reflection of them and their attitudes in the current climate. The ones with the right mentality, attitude, mannerisms will make it

A few parents of kids that didn’t make it mmmm

Don’t hear criticism from the thousands that don’t make it at City but happily use the amazing experience to make a career elsewhere. You join an academy like ours for the superb training & ambition but they must also have a level of realism & be prepared for the fact that very few make the top level.
Well, I’ll be amongst the first to give the benefit of the doubt to the club, especially given the shit we get , so let me just put that one to bed straight away, and rags etc, I tended to dismiss straight away for obvious reasons, but when it’s genuine , level headed staunch blues (independent of each other) who know how it works, and say the club were very cold and hard compared to others, you tend to listen, and for a good while it was a common theme.
Other clubs do it too, I know one personally who was with the dippers from 8 and dropped unceremoniously, now with Blackpool.
Feel free to disagree.

Wasn't he at The Indy with Delooney? One down....

I actually quite like Tony Evans. A bit too much full-on scouse at times but he interacts without being obsequious or abusive.
He was utterly exposed as a ludicrous, one-eyed, fatally biased and ethically bankrupt client journalist around the time of CAS.
He couldn’t have got the entire thing more wrong, from his pre-hearing bullishness direct from Parry’s mouth about the strength of UEFA’s case, to his post judgement U-turn, characterised by hysteria and disbelief and riddled with inaccuracies and bare faced lies.
Good riddance, hope his fellow traveller Delooney’s next

Last edited:
Now Grealish was assaulted by a wolves player !

I have watched the villa game a few times. To call what happened to the keeper assault is pushing it. No doubt a few words were said, and a slight bump into the keeper.

I am not defending the knobheads who went up to the keeper. I been more assaulted queuing at tesco, when someone bumped into me.

tended to dismiss straight away for obvious reasons, but when it’s genuine , level headed staunch blues (independent of each other) who know how it works, and say the club were very cold and hard compared to others, you tend to listen
Perhaps - but you must remember that 50odd thousand of our fans don’t know these “level headed staunch blues” so hence it’s hard to take it all as gospel

Again, all I've done is point out to someone complaining that the BBC said Robin Olsen was assaulted that it is also the opinion of Manchester City that he was assaulted.

I'm not saying you can't have a different opinion, (I actually said I wouldn't call it assault myself) but you cannot get angry in the media thread about the media being biased against City for using Manchester City's language to describe the incident.

I'm not sure why this has rattled so many people.

Probably because the club have been very humble about the incident & (perhaps) wrongly used the language the BBC were peddling - before the matter was properly investigated.

We normall keep our counsel & didn't on this occasion & look what’s happened. Everything City say & do gets twisted - just my opinion of course.

Now Grealish was assaulted by a wolves player !

I have watched the villa game a few times. To call what happened to the keeper assault is pushing it. No doubt a few words were said, and a slight bump into the keeper.

I am not defending the knobheads who went up to the keeper. I been more assaulted queuing at tesco, when someone bumped into me.

Very good point. It’s only assault when a fan bumps into you. Having said that, the bloody morons who think they’re the best fans at the club - should stay off the pitch

Advertised on Google with the word HITTING, then when you open the article it changes to a rough grab then further down just a grab.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-110959_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-110959_Google.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.