Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And look which team our national, impartial broadcaster uses on an article about deception in sport, I wonder who the team in blue and white could possibly be?

View attachment 56397
I've not listened to it but I highly suspect that the article is not what you think it is.

It's a podcast by Matthew Syed (I couldn't bring myself to listen to him for 28 minutes).

I've not listened to it but I highly suspect that the article is not what you think it is.

It's a podcast by Matthew Syed (I couldn't bring myself to listen to him for 28 minutes).

I listened to this episode some time ago and can reassure fellow Blue-Mooners that only fleeting reference is made to football at all and, even then, in relation to the increasing use of statistical data by clubs to gain a legitimate advantage over the opposition. Much of the episode focuses on the life of John Hilton, a table tennis player from Manchester, and his meteoric rise from nowhere to European Champion in 1980. I know I'm not selling it but the episode - in common with the whole series - is a brilliant listen. Otherwise, I suspect some lowly dickhead BBC employee thought he was being oh so clever accompanying the trail with the offending image.

Fucking cheating ping-pong player....still waiting for his apology to City.

Interesting podcast. It discusses how sports men, women and teams have used methods to gain an advantage, most times decisive. Examples are the England rugby team wearing skin tight shorts to stop tackling by shirt pulling, and then going on to win the world cup. England football team predicting where Columbia would kick their penalties, resulting in winning a rare shootout in 2018. Agassi working out from body language where Becker would serve, yet using the trick only on certain crucial points to win Wimbledon. One of his table tennis mates using unconventional tactics. Graham Taylor using analytics to bring Watford to a second place finish in Division One, just six seasons after being in the fourth tier. This example brings the only reference to City, as his method was to hoof the ball into the opponent's third of the pitch as soon as possible, contrary to possession based football used by us.

BBC sports…….

Jude Bellingham's brilliant Champions League performance for Borussia Dortmund against Manchester City last week

brilliant performance, missed that somehow……..
Did you? I thought he was very good and would be an excellent player for us

I'd write them a blank cheque for him and we would win two ways as he will replace either Gundy or Bernardo for the next 12 years or more and it would stop the Scouse cunts from signing him and he would make them immeasurably better.

Win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.