Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any crumb of comfort for sections of the media has been wiped away,Haaland has been here 2 mins and instead of enjoying his goals and him playing in the premier league..they immediately are asking after a match does he have a release clause for Real Madrid,I know it’s a tired cliché but would they be asking the same of the rags or red scousers if he was playing for them we all know the answer..

And she's right.

The food here is shite and always has been.

An embarrassment for such a big city.

If you can't find something decent to eat in Manchester City Centre nowadays you just aren't looking in the right places to be fair, much much better than any other Northern City

If you can't find something decent to eat in Manchester City Centre nowadays you just aren't looking in the right places to be fair, much much better than any other Northern City

Mrs Asa and myself have found plenty of passable places to wine and dine when we are up together for games. Not always expensive either. A bit of research, a bit of networking. Competition has resulted in standards improving drastically.
She needs to come with us, and she can pick up the tab.

Obviously not been to the legh arms in adlington, all you can eat brekky for £7 , not top class, but what do you expect for 7 quid

I don't know what people mean by not being able to get anything decent to eat, food is food and if it's cooked somewhere clean and it's made with ingredients that are in date then it's good to go surely?

Maybe people want their food served on a twatty wooden trough instead of a plate etc?

Any crumb of comfort for sections of the media has been wiped away,Haaland has been here 2 mins and instead of enjoying his goals and him playing in the premier league..they immediately are asking after a match does he have a release clause for Real Madrid,I know it’s a tired cliché but would they be asking the same of the rags or red scousers if he was playing for them we all know the answer..
To be fair, this has been done time and time again and is only done by the media in this country. Spain have had peak Ronaldo and Messi for 10 years. We get a potential heir over here and our media are trying to send him to Spain after 2 months.

See Suarez at Liverpool and Beckham/Ronaldo at United previously. It's just downright weird. But the media are just that

The daft **** is still droning on about City, despite bring repeatedly schooled by @Gary James
He has dug himself so deep in a shitheap of lies he can’t even remember which ones he is telling anymore
I try to ignore those with an agenda these days but when they start claiming their concern for football is about how much City have invested in infrastructure I find it laughable. They should be pointing the finger at those owners who take from their clubs and don’t invest in infrastructure, community and home city.

They then say it’s about where the money comes from… well if it’s about money from the UAE then Arsenal started receiving transformational income from the UAE before City (and built ‘infrastructure’, I.e. the stadium which helped them become more profitable). Also, every club in the FA Cup basically takes money from the UAE - they are all wrong if it’s about where it comes from.

Then they go back to ‘it’s about the level of investment’ - ah! So it is right to take money from the UAE but only if it doesn’t improve certain clubs then?

Then they’ll talk about human rights - yes, that is something to care about but of course the amount of money is irrelevant. Challenge every sports club or organisation that takes money from the UAE then if that’s the issue you’re fighting for. Best to start with the FA then.

It gets too tiring to challenge them but if we all stick to facts and question what the real issue is then it all becomes obvious.

I’ve been saying this since UCP closed. Nowhere to get decent tripe and onions or steak and cowheel pie.
UCP on Market Street. Now there's a blast from the past. As a kid I'd gaze in wonder at the shite on display in the window and then at the queue of customers and wonder what motivated them to buy and eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.