Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit stupid of her to say that publicly after Gundo raised thousands for Mancunian hospitality staff who were laid off during lockdown
Not a surprise. A probably, talentless attention seeker who got more followers when she married Ilkay, says something controversial that is consistent with the narrative from a southern based press, to get more clicks. Apart from that she's probably a lovely person.
The players and management frequent a number of Italian restaurants. Maybe she's referring to the one in Failsworth they have their do's at or San Carlo's.

Obviously not been to the legh arms in adlington, all you can eat brekky for £7 , not top class, but what do you expect for 7 quid
My home town, Ashton, it’s a bit of an eyesore especially in the Town Centre, however, there’s a “Bistro” called Lilly’s on Stamford Street which is my favourite place for a brekky/brunch/nosebag. It’s so popular you need to book in advance most of the time, breakfast with a brew comes in around a tenner, not the cheapest but well worth it.

Not a surprise. A probably, talentless attention seeker who got more followers when she married Ilkay, says something controversial that is consistent with the narrative from a southern based press, to get more clicks. Apart from that she's probably a lovely person.
The players and management frequent a number of Italian restaurants. Maybe she's referring to the one in Failsworth they have their do's at or San Carlo's.
Failsworth is Sul Lago, Daisy Nook, very good food and lovely staff.

I try to ignore those with an agenda these days but when they start claiming their concern for football is about how much City have invested in infrastructure I find it laughable. They should be pointing the finger at those owners who take from their clubs and don’t invest in infrastructure, community and home city.

They then say it’s about where the money comes from… well if it’s about money from the UAE then Arsenal started receiving transformational income from the UAE before City (and built ‘infrastructure’, I.e. the stadium which helped them become more profitable). Also, every club in the FA Cup basically takes money from the UAE - they are all wrong if it’s about where it comes from.

Then they go back to ‘it’s about the level of investment’ - ah! So it is right to take money from the UAE but only if it doesn’t improve certain clubs then?

Then they’ll talk about human rights - yes, that is something to care about but of course the amount of money is irrelevant. Challenge every sports club or organisation that takes money from the UAE then if that’s the issue you’re fighting for. Best to start with the FA then.

It gets too tiring to challenge them but if we all stick to facts and question what the real issue is then it all becomes obvious.
What's happening is all about arrogance and old thinking. United have owners with billions but United are a club that is structured to be a business and not a football club. They're on the stock market etc but how has that served them at all? They're in a mess now because not only do the owners take the money out but they don't actually know anything about football nor are they really interested. That mentality then filters from the top right down to the bottom.

City however are a football club first which is run by football people right from the top. There's direct communication between the top business side and the footballing side but everyone only has one goal which is success. It's pretty simple at city, there are no agendas or politics other than to give the footballing side everything it needs. Meanwhile at other clubs things like profit are considered a greater success than winning trophies.

What the managements of other clubs want is to go back to a system where they could win without any effort. The likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona want to go back to Spanish TV giving them tons of money which they then pocket for themselves. That's what United want too, they want to win with the least effort and spend so that the shareholders and owners can take the spoils.

What's happening at Wrexham is pretty similar to city albeit on a much smaller level. Those 2 fellas aren't in it for the money, they're in it for the ride and they'll probably succeed because success is all they're interested in. Who can even argue that this isn't a good thing? I have no idea how the media or anyone can support things like FFP which favours turning these great football stories into a bloody spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Once made tripe Normande for my dad (pepper and vinegar person). His reaction was “you’ve bolloxed a perfectly good piece of tripe”
I don't know if people ever went to The Mark Addy when chef Robert Owen Brown had it, but he used to showcase traditional foods that had fallen out of favour. They used to have a Tripe Platter with four different types. He's one of those 'nose-to-tail' chefs that thinks all bits of an animal should be used. Local as well, from Stockport.
I'm not sure if it was him, but I remember a TV chef talking about traditional Lancs food saying "if pigs only had one foot, trotters would be an expensive delicacy ". Yum.

Hasn't Gundo's missus ever been to Pep's 'Tast'? Been there once as a treat after we dicked Spurs in a lunch time kick off a few years ago. Top-notch grub, if a little pricey. I think four of us ran up a near £500 bill, but a lot of that was wine and cocktails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.