Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If...

We win the league by over 100 points

The League cup with our second string beating dips in the final

Spank the rags in the FA Cup final

Ditto Bayern Munich in the champs league final.

Haarland scores 75 Premier League goals.

I'd expect to see load of articles on why winning the Community Shield ruined Liverpool's season.
They'll still have a bus parade.

Manc‘s don’t take any criticism of their City to kindly and are very precious I’m from Bolton and the top restauran there when I was growing up was The Wimpy. Live in Newcastle now and is exactly the same as Manchester very few fine dining venues some very decent eateries tho but the bar scene is still the focus there to

Wimpy, is there above all others.

My dad used to take me to the one next to Lewis' in Piccadilly Gardens as a nipper.

Where the Burger King is now.

Still nothing to ever touch it.

Can we get back to journalist bashing yet?

Also what happened to Jamie Oliver’s in the bank? That wasn’t bad that place.

But then I was satisfied with Panama Hattie’s under the sexy shop so what would I know?

Come on mate. I think you’re getting ideas above your station if you think you’re better placed than Jay Rayner to critique the eateries of our great city. We all know Gundogs missus is talking absolute bollocks. There’s loads of top places. Bet Pep was displeased that she’s effectively saying his place Tast is also shit. She could always hire a private chef instead of moaning.

I live here, he doesn't.

His visits are token gestures, to pad out London-centric bias.

There are not loads of top places, perhaps places you or I may like, but not serving the consistent, quality of food which should make it a stand out for a major City.

Tast is pretentious, which is why it is usually empty and you might as well eat at El Gato a few doors down for half the price.

Hawksmoor, Rudy's and Dishoom are about the only ones worth travelling in for, unless you want to slum it in the NQ and do Bundabuss, Capo, which are decent, but hardly haute cuisine.

I can understand why Gundo's missus said what she did, they live in the city centre and it must get pretty fucking boring eating in the same old.

She is Italian, but San Carlo is shit and she obviously knows it.

Plenty of finds in the burbs, but most of the footballers aren't venturing out to those.

*Gundo and his wife do have a private chef/nutritionist!

I live here, he doesn't.

His visits are token gestures, to pad out London-centric bias.

There are not loads of top places, perhaps places you or I may like, but not serving the consistent, quality of food which should make it a stand out for a major City.

Tast is pretentious, which is why it is usually empty and you might as well eat at El Gato a few doors down for half the price.

Hawksmoor, Rudy's and Dishoom are about the only ones worth travelling in for, unless you want to slum it in the NQ and do Bundabuss, Capo, which are decent, but hardly haute cuisine.

I can understand why Gundo's missus said what she did, they live in the city centre and it must get pretty fucking boring eating in the same old.

She is Italian, but San Carlo is shit and she obviously knows it.

Plenty of finds in the burbs, but most of the footballers aren't venturing out to those.

*Gundo and his wife do have a private chef/nutritionist!
Must admit I struggle to name a really good Italian I like Don Marco’s but I go for the pizza

Wimpy, is there above all others.

My dad used to take me to the one next to Lewis' in Piccadilly Gardens as a nipper.

Where the Burger King is now.

Still nothing to ever touch it.
I loved the the Big Bender. Top quality.

My brother used to take me to the one in Ashton town centre before watching a movie and playing on the arcade machines on the opposite corner.

Also had the Gold Medal chippy across the way. Best steak pie in Greater Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.