Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manc‘s don’t take any criticism of their City to kindly and are very precious I’m from Bolton and the top restauran there when I was growing up was The Wimpy. Live in Newcastle now and is exactly the same as Manchester very few fine dining venues some very decent eateries tho but the bar scene is still the focus there to
I used to visit Newcastle regularly back in the late 80’s and 90’s. Went to many restaurants up in the North East, when a new one opened called 21 one of my customers suggested we visit there for lunch. My gaffer chose “black pudding on a bed of mash” as his starter. The dish arrived on a silver salver complete with the domed lid whereby the Waiter removed it with a flourish, the black pud was about the size of a 50p piece. The most pretentious dish I’ve ever seen. Just looked it up, now changed location and is now more “relaxed”, they must be doing something right as the restaurant is part of the 21 Hospitality Group.

I used to visit Newcastle regularly back in the late 80’s and 90’s. Went to many restaurants up in the North East, when a new one opened called 21 one of my customers suggested we visit there for lunch. My gaffer chose “black pudding on a bed of mash” as his starter. The dish arrived on a silver salver complete with the domed lid whereby the Waiter removed it with a flourish, the black pud was about the size of a 50p piece. The most pretentious dish I’ve ever seen. Just looked it up, now changed location and is now more “relaxed”, they must be doing something right as the restaurant is part of the 21 Hospitality Group.
Ate there a few years ago was ok, the broad char, house of tides and a few others are better.

Been to 21 it’s decent House of Tides, Blackfriars and Peace and Loaf are good to

Ate there a few years ago was ok, the broad char, house of tides and a few others are better.
I used to enjoy the small China Town up there, never had a bad meal. A bit further afield my favourite was Didier’s in Hartlepool and an Italian in Yarm but the name escapes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.