Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at the clip on YouTube where another ball boy became an instant hero in the Madrid derby. The papers in this country lapped it up, whereas they just reported that City got a warning about the behaviour of our ball boys off the FA.

Another video that shows how PR37 is bad at closing down. Just look how easy it was to get the ball past him.

He spent his best years and scored most of his goals at another club. Getting sent off in the derby, the ball boy incident and wrecking his car near the airport will be among the favourite memories most blues have of him.
I liked it when he started shouting at the grass after he miscontrolled the ball.

Hasn’t Pep just literally said there is no release clause to Madrid or anyone?
I think Pep said there is no release clause specifically to Real Madrid. Pol Ballus, who is pretty well connected, has said today there is a €200m release clause in 2024, but it doesn't apply to domestic rivals. He stressed how happy Haaland was at City though.

I think Pep said there is no release clause specifically to Real Madrid. Pol Ballus, who is pretty well connected, has said today there is a €200m release clause in 2024, but it doesn't apply to domestic rivals. He stressed how happy Haaland was at City though.

Lu Martin said £200m last week and Pol €200m/£175m this week. I wish they would make their minds up which one.

Either way I don't think anyone is going to activate it. A release clause means we can demand all 200m up front in one lump sum which makes it almost impossible to do. It's a million miles away from Real proposing a €180m transfer for Mbappé last year.

If I had to bet, I'd say he'll stay 4 or 5 years, then go to Spain for 4 or 5 years, then go to Italy for a few final years. Moving as a free agent or with 1 year remaining each time to maximise his personal pay day.

If I was City I would be hoping that Haaland's presence at the club and in the league speeds up how quickly the Premier League becomes the de facto super league, or "The NBA of football" and make La Liga less attractive.

"Erling Haalland's contract reportedly has a £175 million release clause which activates in 2024". Reported by some lying no mark pseudo journo as rag and dipper clickbait.

Pol Ballus is a respected journalist with very close ties to Guardiola and City whose only audience is Manchester City fans.

So you couldn't really be more wrong if you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.