Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a clip of the handball?
Link below. Even with my really really really blue tinted glasses on I can't see how any VAR official would give that. As much as it looks like he could have touched it when his arm is in front of the ball, at no point can you actually see his arm and the ball being in contact. Not saying it didn't happen it's just that the camera angles available aren't good enough to see the supposed point of contact

Link below. Even with my really really really blue tinted glasses on I can't see how any VAR official would give that. As much as it looks like he could have touched it when his arm is in front of the ball, at no point can you actually see his arm and the ball being in contact. Not saying it didn't happen it's just that the camera angles available aren't good enough to see the supposed point of contact

I agree with what you are saying about the handball, it looks inconclusive because it pauses whenever his arm goes near the ball. But why wasn't we all subject to 2-3 mins of VAR replay going over and over it, just like our disallowed goal and rodri against Everton. It's happened a few times with Liverpool and united games, VAR seems to make its mind up on stuff like this and tight offsides within seconds.

Would love to say that’s definitely handball but it’s inconclusive for me. If the Ref gives it, I don’t think it gets overturned tho

The board have got to get their shit together on this matter tomorrow.

There is full on co-ordinated attack happening - started by Klopp and FSG on Friday and continued by the scouse mafia in the media since.

No idea what the ideal solution is but get the gloves off and start fighting back.
Agreed 100%. However we know it just won’t happen. We don’t have a PR department worthy of the name and the media know it. It’s why they do what they do - knowing they will get away with it. And they do every single time.

The board have got to get their shit together on this matter tomorrow.

There is full on co-ordinated attack happening - started by Klopp and FSG on Friday and continued by the scouse mafia in the media since.

No idea what the ideal solution is but get the gloves off and start fighting back.
Smash their back doors in?

I hope Dominic King isn't let anywhere near the Etihad or the CFA.

His bio claims he's the northern football correspondant but he knows full well he's the go to liverpool mouthpiece.

On his twitter he's saying City are saying Klopps lazy xenophobia justifies the chants and graffiti. That's not what City have briefed at all.

I hope Dominic King isn't let anywhere near the Etihad or the CFA.

His bio claims he's the northern football correspondant but he knows full well he's the go to liverpool mouthpiece.

On his twitter he's saying City are saying Klopps lazy xenophobia justifies the chants and graffiti. That's not what City have briefed at all.

He’s done the mental gymnastics that the chanting was about Hillsborough. Next they will be linking it to John Lennon getting shot and the Cammell Laird ship yard closing down.

Same as why none of the media have brought up why Salah goal was not ruled out for obvious handball when looking at replays and how Var did not spot it
It wasn't handball mate. Not one of our players put their hands up, Eddie was the one with the best view and he did nothing. It looks like handball in the stills but the spin of the ball as salah turned made it look that way but not for me.

Press release (if only)

From the beginning of the new ownership of Manchester City by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, we have sought to be open and transparent about our finances and structure, certainly any journalistic research would encounter no barriers to understanding the working mechanisms of the club. However, despite this, false and malicious articles frequently appear about Manchester City, more so than other clubs, some of whom seem exempt from the same scrutiny and from negative articles about their structure, past, business models and sponsorship.
Manchester City have long been an extremely hospitable and open club to all the media and have enjoyed being so,
unfortunately, in view of the constant promulgating of misinformation and the apparent over willingness to so readily report negatively, we now feel that certain sections of the media must have access to our premises and personnel withdrawn.
We do not do so lightly and we continue to welcome factual reporting on the Club as a whole, whether positive or critical, just not the barrage of negative misinformation, bordering on defamation, that we have attracted in the pursuit of competing with other successful English Clubs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.