Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link below. Even with my really really really blue tinted glasses on I can't see how any VAR official would give that. As much as it looks like he could have touched it when his arm is in front of the ball, at no point can you actually see his arm and the ball being in contact. Not saying it didn't happen it's just that the camera angles available aren't good enough to see the supposed point of contact

I’m in total agreement, it’s one of those anomalies, you can’t see actual contact but it makes you think how can it not, the only mitigation is there isn’t a shadow on the ball suggesting close contact, but that will never influence a decision one way or the other. The issue is why a full VAR check wasn’t instructed & the commentary team never got involved, which Ratty is an expert on, he’s normally fed replays at speed so he can pass judgment (and no doubt offer his influence to those making decisions) would it be a stretch to say cancelling out a second goal in a game of this magnitude could damage the product?

For what it's worth I've emailed sky asking for a simple explanation why the biggest sports media outlet in the UK has completely ignored the Champions of England being team ot the year and I also asked is Hayley Mcqueen going to apologise for her bitter and unprofessional handling of the news as it broke.

I expect a reply that will reference absolutely nothing from my email.
Plenty of publicity now Real and their hangers on are throwing a strop about City getting the award.

City win award

UK media:

"City refuse to comment on Hillsborough chants at Anfield."

FSG going balls out. Were staying quiet in comparison. Makes me wonder what are we planning...?

I’m in total agreement, it’s one of those anomalies, you can’t see actual contact but it makes you think how can it not, the only mitigation is there isn’t a shadow on the ball suggesting close contact, but that will never influence a decision one way or the other. The issue is why a full VAR check wasn’t instructed & the commentary team never got involved, which Ratty is an expert on, he’s normally fed replays at speed so he can pass judgment (and no doubt offer his influence to those making decisions) would it be a stretch to say cancelling out a second goal in a game of this magnitude could damage the product?
Just goes to show you how things can have interpreted and viewed differently. Have watched it a couple of times and convinced myself he's playing basketball with it.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I've emailed sky asking for a simple explanation why the biggest sports media outlet in the UK has completely ignored the Champions of England being team ot the year and I also asked is Hayley Mcqueen going to apologise for her bitter and unprofessional handling of the news as it broke.

I expect a reply that will reference absolutely nothing from my email.
Should’ve thrown that Scouse apologist & sympathiser Melissa Reddy in there too, classic move from the dippers to throw somebody who appears to be impartial due to her role at Sky (although she wrote a book about them & 90% of what she’s done involves them lot) and has been involved in anti racism initiatives, don’t know why but her words & involvement have angered me more than most

City win award

UK media:

"City refuse to comment on Hillsborough chants at Anfield."

FSG going balls out. Were staying quiet in comparison. Makes me wonder what are we planning...?

They continue to hack our scouting system.

How come Samuel is the only reporter who writes like this about us?? It's pretty weird how hes the complete opposite to everyone else??
Probably because he's the most renowned sports writer in the UK and has more editorial freedom than most. He will also not be paid on the clicks he gets from social media posts so has no need to join in on the toxic tribalism that clickbait journalism has enflamed.

Just goes to show you how things can have interpreted and viewed differently. Have watched it a couple of times and convinced myself he''s playing basketball with it.
It's to do with the speed. Slowed down it looks like a 'hand of god' moment, but at actual speed there is no way it was deliberate. Same argument could be applied to the haaland foul leading up to our goal though in the sense that in real time it's nothing. In fairness at the time salad scored I don't think anyone was thinking handball.

I vaguely remember something about this but searching for it only brings up you mentioning it.

What’s the Source?
Hmm, can’t remember. Was an article discussing City’s press treatment….nope it’s gone.
PS Think it was media watch in F365

Last edited:
Because he doesn't think they are spending unlimited money.

If the Panamanian sovereign wealth fund and the Norweigian sovereign wealth fund bought Burnley and Fulham respectively and invested a few billion, knocking Liverpool down the table, do you think Klopp would be OK with it?

No, of course he wouldn't. Because he doesn't have anything against people from the Middle East, he has a problem with what he thinks is overinvestment from owners with essentially limitless wealth.

How do we know that's his problem? Because he literaly spent 20 fucking minutes explaining his problem on Friday in the press conference apparently none of you accusing him of xenophobia bothered to watch.

Like I said very clearly in my original comment, lots of criticism of City over the years has had an anti-arab or islamaphobic bent to it, but this categorically didn't and it's completely dishonest to pretend otherwise.

I know tensions are high after yesterday but I can't believe people are seriously arguing that Klopp is prejudiced against Arabs/the Middle East.

He’s ignored billionaires with more personal wealth than SM. The fact that City haven’t done what he’s accused them of shows he’s willing to lie to point score. His employers described City as Terrorists & grinning beards so he sounds xenophobic to me, if I’m wrong that’s all of us & he went first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.