Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Lee and Jack Pitt 4eyes liking and replying to the Dominic King story.

Really don’t help themselves do they.

And even the days after the hostility increases with the sports media helping towards

I spoke with a Liverpool fan today, about the toxicity that is growing between our 2 fan bases.

He actually thinks it is us trying to manufacture a rivalry- I closed this down straight away stating this is the last thing us City fans have done. With the rags being our one and only rivals.

I put it too him that since Liverpool started challenging, it leans more towards them, their actions over the last few years (which we all know about) and the sports media creating a hatred towards our club that have created this level of toxicity

As someone said earlier today, it seems it will only get worse, and the sports media are revelling in it.

It’s like Tupac & Biggie ;)

It's to do with the speed. Slowed down it looks like a 'hand of god' moment, but at actual speed there is no way it was deliberate. Same argument could be applied to the haaland foul leading up to our goal though in the sense that in real time it's nothing. In fairness at the time salad scored I don't think anyone was thinking handball.

If he did touch the ball with his hand, which isn’t clear either way, then the goal would have to be disallowed under the new rules regardless whether accidental or otherwise.

And even the days after the hostility increases with the sports media helping towards

I spoke with a Liverpool fan today, about the toxicity that is growing between our 2 fan bases.

He actually thinks it is us trying to manufacture a rivalry- I closed this down straight away stating this is the last thing us City fans have done. With the rags being our one and only rivals.

I put it too him that since Liverpool started challenging, it leans more towards them, their actions over the last few years (which we all know about) and the sports media creating a hatred towards our club that have created this level of toxicity

As someone said earlier today, it seems it will only get worse, and the sports media are revelling in it.
I think it all stems from the Sterling transfer. Up to that point I think the dippers were quietly enjoying the discomfort our rise was causing the rags. When we bought raz it upset what had been the cozy order of things in terms of years of buying their cast-offs and paying them a fortune (Fowler, maca etc). What also made them so bitter, was that despite the wailing about raz being a mercenary, he made it clear he was leaving to win things, which poked a pin in the delusional 'next year la' mantra which had kept them afloat for a decade or more.

Disappointing in Sam Lee. Backed him up plenty of times and then likes an article by Liverpools mouthpiece.

Typical of Jack Pitt-Brook. Says he's a City fan but he's of the David Conn type.

The thing is with all this stoking of animosity someone is going to get seriously hurt, I believe the coach was damaged again, I’d say to Liverpool police if you can’t guarantee our safety we ain’t playing at Anfield. As soon as the hit the coach drive straight back to Manchester and watch the fall out from that live on tv, we never get 3 points so just give to them anyway but what a statement that would be. The worlds press would be all over it, SKYs huge game doesn’t go ahead, Merseyside police are called into question, Klopp comments the lot.
Theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Symptomatic of the fact that sports journalists operate as a pack and are spectacularly prone to groupthink. Most of them wouldn't know an original thought to save their lives.

6. Chanting murderers as vile as you may think it is, is not a reference to Hillsborough but Heysel. Maybe you would be happier with the chant being manslaughterers

9. Your fans behaviour ensured every English club was banned from European football for five years
Probably worth mentioning the pride they have in being responsible for the deaths of 39 Italians demonstrated by the display of a Steaua Bucharest banner when they play Everton to taunt them about missing the opportunity of winning the European Cup in 1986 thanks to the ban inflicted on the whole of English football because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.