Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kopshites are complaining that Pep's apology was only half hearted. They won't be satisfied whatever the club does and we certainly wont get the apologies we deserve for their despicable behaviour. Time for the club to insist the players, club officials and fans get proper protection from Merseyside police for every future visit there.
Oh ffs, I admit to being hugely disappointed when the radio reported the apology, it's the main sports story now.

Apologise for what, as usual they were the bigger cunts last Sunday but have played the media as ever.

Who the fuck releases a picture of graffiti so soon after a match, It's all fucking bullshit and they are playing everyone for fucking idiots.

There won't be a peep about the fucking wankers that try to kill a young West Ham fan 30 on to 1, absolute Cunts Liverpool, just fuck off!

Not much mainstream media interest in the West Ham fan who got jumped the other night. Liverpool fans default defence that "they were chanting about Hillsborough" seems to work every time. Didn't hear anything like that on the video.

Same last weekend, the media gave a list of things City fans did wrong, even mentioning what the chants were in some cases.

Liverpool fans from what I've heard:

Classless chants about the queen,
Chants about the IRA bombing of Manchester,
Chants about Shipman being a Liverpool fan who hates Mancs too,
Threw coins at Pep,
Trashed City coaches/buses... again.

Probably forgetting some there.

Last edited:
I know this was days ago but this is just talkSport for you. The debate was refuting Martin Samuels figures and comments from his article the other day(triggered them?):

The way it's clipped up, it looks like they are giving balance with White. Yet if you read the article(I don't listen listen to talkShite, seems to pop up on my recommended all the time though): https://talksport.com/football/1222979/manchester-city-liverpool-transfer-spend-simon-jordan-premier-league/

White is actually the one who came up with the £-440m figure basically saying Samuel doesn't know what he's talking about and is being selective(do they know he's a West Ham fan?). They were both at it claiming they'd ran the numbers.

Simon Jordan's "analysis" he later reveals was done LAST YEAR and it wasn't even a net spend comparison it was £'s per trophy. He's such a Liverpool/Klopp fanboy and a buffoon with it. How on earth was he a successful businessman?

White on the other hand, firstly missed that Martin Samuel said 5 years not 5 seasons. Samuel was also giving an average per year of £30m and comparing clubs based on that. Furthermore, White started his 5 season analysis at 2017-18. Most of the 5 year comparisons that come out around this time of the year(every other season), count the summer window as a new season. They update in Jan if there's any big movement. City aren't expected to buy anyone in Jan. Liverpool don't have any high profile players they want to sell in Jan either. Why would he start at 2017-18, who is it who's really changing the timeframe to suit their narrative? I think that would be you Mr White, if most people consider 2018-19 the starting point for the last 5 seasons.

Lastly, his figure was still wrong, he didn't include academy sales and even the figure he gave for the senior team in isolation wasn't correct. I've taken to using the euro version of the transfermrkt site, since finding out how they do currency conversion on the uk site. Maybe that's why I couldn't get the figure he did.

Oh and Jordan gave a full list of everything City fans did wrong on the day. Added some faux balance by saying Liverpool fans did stuff too but didn't reel off any list. You can tell he has it in for City fans by the double standards in his energy(loves a list, pointing and pausing between each one for effect). He's moaned about City fans before claiming no City fan would say the things he gets on twitter to his face. I've seen Liverpool fans dig him out worse because they somehow find a way to suggest even the lickspittles who defend them are biased against them. Lots of fans dig him out but it's City fans he choose in his example. He was likening himself to a HW boxer taking abuse from fans and pulling them up for it. Talking about accountability. Ironic because he lies about the ownership, CAS and City all the time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
I’ve worked in the UAE and other Middle Eastern regions and a lot of peoples perception of the people that populate these countries is well off the mark. Put it this way, I’ve never came across any trouble during any of my visits to a Middle East country. Walk down any high street in or a town or City in the UK and you’ll get some dead beat acting no good. Do I agree with their culture and rules? Nope. You just don’t misbehave in their countries. But these countries aren’t some sort of medieval battleground with beheadings happening around every corner.

What these Liverpool, United and the media want is City fans to turn on our owners about matters they have no clue about. I’m not disregarding no one cares about human rights issues in the UAE, but a vast majority of these fans on social media only care about City being competitive and use the human rights issues as a stick to beat City with.
According to the BTL comments in the Grauniad, AbuDhabi executes gay men on a regular basis. They can’t name any actual cases tho’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.