Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our supporters are paranoid, of course they are; every club must have them. Isn’t the point that every rational supporter I know can see the press we get for what it is. And that tendentious press coverage doesn’t just extend to the club, but us as supporters. The way these Hillsborough chants have recently been reported vs ‘Lizzie’s in a box‘ being a…err…clear and obvious case in point. It’s an absolute fucking disgrace and unfortunately partly a consequence of the respective club’s media strategies.

We, as supporters, are collateral damage from City’s strategy, basically. It’s why, for the first time since he came, I’m genuinely annoyed with Pep for fuelling that narrative. Fucking fuming actually.
Was drinking with two old Dipper mates in Liverpool last week before the match. They think the media love us.

Lying about City is one thing, especially as the club is so effete in the way it deals with it, but when it extends to us supporters then I think we’ve got at right to be pissed off about it.

The problem with lying on public platforms is you then stop believing them on important messages.

No wonder people can’t agree on Brexit, Ukraine, Covid. You know they lie so do you believe anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.