Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on , Pep should have swerved the question regarding the chants and just referred the hack to the club , Pep did say he didnt here the chanting so why apologise for it ?
Surprised Pep fell for that one he is usually very savvy in his press conferences , but the headlines are now "Pep apologises to the Dippers" and the Dipper victims will lap it up and start another petition.
My brother was at the game and the chants were 99.9% about Heysel only a few idiots at the end of the game chanted about THE SUN being right , but it gave the vermin Dippers hierarchy the chance to state we were chanting about both their tragedies , for the sad tortured Dippers two wrongs do make a right
It will not change , they will get murderers and JFT 39 at the Etihad next year , because they are murderers , its a fact , their fans were sent to jail.
I can't stand the fuckers, they're an odious club. But, it isn't a fact that they're murderers. They were sent to jail for manslaughter.

I find these useful in shutting the cheeky scamps up....

article-2086908-0F75041600000578-280_468x480%5B1%5D.jpg
Is that an 'N' that's obscured in the second word up?

Spot on , Pep should have swerved the question regarding the chants and just referred the hack to the club , Pep did say he didnt here the chanting so why apologise for it ?
Surprised Pep fell for that one he is usually very savvy in his press conferences , but the headlines are now "Pep apologises to the Dippers" and the Dipper victims will lap it up and start another petition.
My brother was at the game and the chants were 99.9% about Heysel only a few idiots at the end of the game chanted about THE SUN being right , but it gave the vermin Dippers hierarchy the chance to state we were chanting about both their tragedies , for the sad tortured Dippers two wrongs do make a right
It will not change , they will get murderers and JFT 39 at the Etihad next year , because they are murderers , its a fact , their fans were sent to jail.
Yeah, he should have adopted Arsene Wenger's strategy - the only manager who could only have watched five minutes of every game, complete with earplugs, considering the number of incidents he claims he never saw.

What chanting? I never heard any, so I can't comment.

Is that an 'N' that's obscured in the second word up?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/brit...acking-police-champions-league-final-9773354/

Brit arrested for ‘masturbating in public and attacking police’ at Champions League final​

SEI_71074418.jpg

Police have confirmed the man was British and there to support Liverpool

A Liverpool fan has been arrested for ‘pleasuring himself like a gorilla’ in front of supporters at tonight’s Champions League final before attacking an Italian tourist and police.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/brit...acking-police-champions-league-final-9773354/

Brit arrested for ‘masturbating in public and attacking police’ at Champions League final​

SEI_71074418.jpg

Police have confirmed the man was British and there to support Liverpool

A Liverpool fan has been arrested for ‘pleasuring himself like a gorilla’ in front of supporters at tonight’s Champions League final before attacking an Italian tourist and police.
I had a thought it was probably an 'N"! Proof if ever proof were needed.

tbf, “The Sun was right, you’re murderers“ chant should be roundly condemned because it doesn’t make any sense.

Not sure you’re strictly correct on the lehgal definition of murder fwiw, but certainly unlawful killing, which if convicted for today in a UK court would end in a very heavy sentence, possibly even life imprisonment. Anyone convicted of a violent disorder at a football ground that led to the death of 39 innocents would get absolutely hammered on sentence. Mick Philpott got life for manslaughter and his partner got 17 years. Think there was arguably more malign intent (although far less recklessness) with what happened at Heysel.

Think a life sentence today, in a UK court, for that offending, would be very hard to appeal for public policy and deterrence reasons. So whilst you are strictly incorrect, it’s about the most egregious form of manslaughter imaginable, given the circumstances, and certainly something that shouldn’t ever be allowed to be swept under the carpet, despite the conscious, clear and obvious efforts of the club whose supporters caused it to do so.

Naah. He couldn't avoid the question. If he had said he didn't hear anything and go talk to the club about it, the headlines would have been "Guardiola denies vile chanting despite video proof". If he just referred back to the club, the headline would have been "Guardiola doesn't deny vile chanting, but refuses to apologise".

He did OK. He can't control what journalists actually write.

We, as supporters, are collateral damage from City’s strategy, basically. It’s why, for the first time since he came, I’m genuinely annoyed with Pep for fuelling that narrative. Fucking fuming actually.
I thought this for a while now, think I even mentioned it once or twice that we as supporters take the brunt of the clubs ‘inaction’, but for you to be fuming, wtf has he said ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.