Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've hit the nail on head there.

Whatever was asked and Pep's response would have been twisted.

It's a no win situation at present this media game.

The big story now from last Sunday is "vile chanting" and "offensive graffiti"

Both minor incidents if indeed they happened as reported!

These things happen every single week at every single match, yet that lot as so eloquently put by Everton fans are "offended by everything and ashamed of nothing"

It's deflection to stear away from their antics, behaviour that continued on Wednesday against West Ham but barely gets a mention.
Tough one all this. There’s terrible behaviour on all sides certainly. But as ever with these issues, there’s Liverpool with their media meat shields in the middle being simply incapable of owning their own history and behaviour.

He could be media savvy, too, knowing what kind of shit people like Dirty Dan Roan would make of any innocuous comment that Silva might make.
I'm thinking Sky put a request for an interview with SIlva to the club. City then asked his representatives. SIlva then thought "I really cba with that" and told his team to tell Sky via the club that he didn't want to do an interview. Someone at the club then told Sky that it was because Spit was a biased LiVARpool twat but I don't think it was anything more than Silva doesn't do interviews as he hates that side of things.

Does anyone really give a shit what the media say about City? Seriously as everything they write be it football, politics, even real news, is subject to agenda, opinion and outright lies
No, not really but I personally find myself irritated that they are allowed to get away with lying, or report lies said by others on a frequent basis. If they came out and said they don't like City full stop, fair enough but they don't.

To be perfectly honest I try not to listen to the negative shite as it would wind me up. I remember when we were shite and we still turned up in numbers. In actual fact I kind of think we enjoyed the up and down nature of the club rather than the mediocrity of just hovering around 13th/14th in the PL season after season.

I'm absolutely fine with the takeover. I've never once looked into who owns us. I love every home game. I enjoy us playing the style we play, we're the best team in the best league in the world. Our style is now copied by near enough every club in England - every league. Defenders are now expected to be able to play out instead of the hoof ball stuff we were all brought up with - that's down to us.

I also couldn't give a monkey's chuff about the CL - genuinely. It would be nice to win it just to shut the fannies up, but that's all. It's a cup competition that you can enter even if you finish 20+ points behind the Champions of your own league and if you win it you're the best team in Europe. Yeah, right. As I've said before it's actually akin to calling the FA Cup winners as the best team in England.

So, Spitty and Shit Tash can carry on with their American backed agenda (don't kid yourself that their owners have nothing to do with this - all the talk about oil money actually detracts from something that should be getting very, very close attention - American ownership and how much they take out of the league every season).

So, just enjoy the football and the trophies when we win them. Every now and then watch YouTube videos of the Blackburn and Gillingham games - we were fucking great back then as well.
With you apart from the Champions league. Like it or not its the most prestigious club competition in the world.

tbf, “The Sun was right, you’re murderers“ chant should be roundly condemned because it doesn’t make any sense.

Not sure you’re strictly correct on the lehgal definition of murder fwiw, but certainly unlawful killing, which if convicted for today in a UK court would end in a very heavy sentence, possibly even life imprisonment. Anyone convicted of a violent disorder at a football ground that led to the death of 39 innocents would get absolutely hammered on sentence. Mick Philpott got life for manslaughter and his partner got 17 years. Think there was arguably more malign intent (although far less recklessness) with what happened at Heysel.

Think a life sentence today, in a UK court, for that offending, would be very hard to appeal for public policy and deterrence reasons. So whilst you are strictly incorrect, it’s about the most egregious form of manslaughter imaginable, given the circumstances, and certainly something that shouldn’t ever be allowed to be swept under the carpet, despite the conscious, clear and obvious efforts of the club whose supporters caused it to do so.

The Home Secretary would quickly overturn it with a pardon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.