Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this shite about Haaland having only seven or eight touches per match. Just think what the scores will be when we're used to him and he's getting twenty or thirty touches.
Traditional CFs didn’t get that many touches. Their job was always to score goals. Ball out to CF, lay off, go for return, bang it in. Two touches.

Traditional CFs didn’t get that many touches. Their job was always to score goals. Ball out to CF, lay off, go for return, bang it in. Two touches.
Once he's scoring a shedload from a minimum number of touches the RDAHMeedya will have to focus on some other irrelevant point to maintain the attempt to belittle.

Just watched the full match on City+ as at the game itself you miss a lot. Anyhow, normallly I never listen to the commentary as I usually turn the volume down. But what a refreshing change to listen to Mowbray instead of whats his name and the two reds spouting and spitting their bias. So credit where its due. Andy Morrison was good to listen to as well.

The press go for everyone not just us. Only last week the rags were getting it from all angles. And next week it will be someone else. As for Ederson, I'll leave that for the appropriate thread.
There is a world of difference between the way the broadcasting media and written press report on MCFC compared to the likes of the rags, dippers, spuds and Chelsea.

The negative reports that the rags receive comes from a place of real concern and anxiety amongst the journalists that their footballing institution is on the brink of collapse. It has undertones of anger directed at the negligence of the club's ownership rather than criticism of the club itself.
Then just like magic, a couple of back-to-back wins and all is well again in the world of football.

The dippers get more protection from the British press than the President of the USA gets from the Secret Service.
Both the broadcasting media and written press are terrified of upsetting the cult and work way too hard to placate the club and it's victim fanbase.

MCFC are largely ignored by the British media which is their way of dealing with the fact that the "wrong" club are dominating their beloved premier league. If it was either the rags or the dippers that were enjoying our success over the past six years there would be twenty four hour coverage across all media platforms.

You only have to look at this transfer window which has been completely dominated by the rags (despite them missing out on their number one target).
Liverpool have had one of their worst starts to a season. However, all that is a long distant memory now that they've put nine goals past Bournemouth and all is rosy again in the camp.

MCFC have only dropped two points in the opening four games of the season, yet all the media can focus on is that Haaland is only averaging about seven touches per game.

Last edited:
There is a world of difference between the way the broadcasting media and written press report on MCFC compared to the likes of the rags, dippers, spuds and Chelsea.

The negative reports that the rags receive comes from a place of real concern and anxiety amongst the journalists that their footballing institution is on the brink of collapse. It has undertones of anger directed at the negligence of the club's ownership rather than criticism of the club itself.
Then just like magic, a couple of back-to-back wins and all is well again in the world of football.

The dippers get more protection from the British press than the President of the USA gets from the Secret Service.
Both the broadcasting media and written press are terrified of upsetting the cult and work way too hard to placate the club and it's victim fanbase.

MCFC are largely ignored by the British media which is their way of dealing with the fact that the "wrong" club are dominating their beloved premier league. If it was either the rags or the dippers that were enjoying our success over the past six years there would be twenty four hour coverage across all media platforms.

You only have to look at this transfer window which has been completely dominated by the rags (despite them missing out on their number one target).
Liverpool have had one of their worst starts to a season. However, all that is a long distant memory now that they've put nine goals past Bournemouth and all is rosy again in the camp.

MCFC have only dropped two points in the opening four games of the season, yet all the media can focus on is that Haaland is only averaging about seven touches per game.
Great post.

I have to laugh. My mum, all 93 years of her, she's watched this team from afar (never been to a match unfortunately) since the days of Summerbee, Bell and Lee. City to her meant watching attractive football on the telly. Her mantra in the dark days was 'don't worry they'll be back'. Boy was she ever spot on. She absolutely loves this current side. Pep can do no wrong and in her words is 'so classy and respectful'. Imagine my reaction when she goes into a full on rant about our media after Liverpool's 9-0 win yesterday. 'City do that....it's disrespectful. Liverpool do the same.....it's a glorious demolition job. The press these days don't have a clue but they do have an agenda'. Well.....quite! I was pissing myself. Bless her.

LiveScore App, difference between Mendy and Greenwood.
That’s fucking disgusting and needs reported. Bunch of red ass licking cunts. Report the fucking facts not a fan bias money clicking view especially when a serious crime may have taken place with the person in question.

It's all about the Scouse and spurs.

The BBC match report on the spurs game might as well have been written by Chas and Dave.

Just watched the full match on City+ as at the game itself you miss a lot. Anyhow, normallly I never listen to the commentary as I usually turn the volume down. But what a refreshing change to listen to Mowbray instead of whats his name and the two reds spouting and spitting their bias. So credit where its due. Andy Morrison was good to listen to as well.
Delighted to note that another supporter, says you "miss a lot" at the game itself, I haven't noticed too many express this view. I avoid the matchday forum as toxic as it is overloaded with posters who miss a lot. I do read the players' performance threads but they have become overloaded with cliques of fans who clearly miss a lot and consider the Bluemoon Forum as the Bluemoon Keyboard Critic's Forum, and delight in negative posts about perceived errors by players which are easily proven false by watching the game or incident on the City website. Dare to disagree or make a positive post about a player and verbal abuse is almost guaranteed.
I am so disgusted with the Sky/BT presentations I don't watch pre or post match, just the match usually with the Manchester radio commentary in the background. Mowbray's commentary was a breath of fresh air and I stayed with it from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.