Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a shock sky sports ref watch actually said the haaland incident wasnt red despite the fan boy in the studio trying to compare it to mane on ederson, also said ederson incident with the ball and there goal ruled out was correct and said that ayews elbow in cancelos face should have been a yellow. got the feeling the liverpool guy in the studio didnt like it though.

Had a pint or two here. This is in Johnstown, Kilkenny and the landlord is a blue. My cousin was a regular until his demise.
Edit. Not sure if the sign is new as I never noticed it before but the other picture is the pub The black and yellow bunting will be for the Kilkenny hurling team.
That’s ace. I’ll give that a go next time I tour.

The rise of negative posting is an issue for me.
Shil defence, inverted full backs, slow wingers, Foden and De bruyne poor, get Haaland off at half time, goalkeeper who can't save his pocket money.

Yet I get pelters for disagreeing as you and others do too. It was brilliant on Saturday , I was buzzing on my 3 hour journey home, I feel sorry for those who do not have the ability to understand Pep.

Some only post negative comments ?, are they really City fans.
An excellent post closed by a provocative (not negative) question. A few moments on Google brought up some possible replies.
" The fan idolises players, but often knows little about the club's history. When a club does not do well, more and more seats will be empty, whereas the section of the supporters is as full as ever. A supporter loves the club, not the team and its players."
Supporter definition: "a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc."
Maybe those who post only negative comments consider "support" as meaning disapproval and "encourage" as meaning negative criticism.
A little strange that "put downs" of club and players seems to be the new definition of giving support, although of course all are entitled to express an opinion (and that includes a positive one).

There is a world of difference between the way the broadcasting media and written press report on MCFC compared to the likes of the rags, dippers, spuds and Chelsea.

The negative reports that the rags receive comes from a place of real concern and anxiety amongst the journalists that their footballing institution is on the brink of collapse. It has undertones of anger directed at the negligence of the club's ownership rather than criticism of the club itself.
Then just like magic, a couple of back-to-back wins and all is well again in the world of football.

The dippers get more protection from the British press than the President of the USA gets from the Secret Service.
Both the broadcasting media and written press are terrified of upsetting the cult and work way too hard to placate the club and it's victim fanbase.

MCFC are largely ignored by the British media which is their way of dealing with the fact that the "wrong" club are dominating their beloved premier league. If it was either the rags or the dippers that were enjoying our success over the past six years there would be twenty four hour coverage across all media platforms.

You only have to look at this transfer window which has been completely dominated by the rags (despite them missing out on their number one target).
Liverpool have had one of their worst starts to a season. However, all that is a long distant memory now that they've put nine goals past Bournemouth and all is rosy again in the camp.

MCFC have only dropped two points in the opening four games of the season, yet all the media can focus on is that Haaland is only averaging about seven touches per game.
Until we can move newspapers or get clicks at the rate the rags and Liverpool do then our stories will be a bit further down

I posted for the first time ever on the match day thread and posted a positive comment. I was immediately ripped, some people still dont have a belief that this team can turn results around. Astonishing really.
Dont think I will post on there again, mind.
Hey @jaseisblue, I did hand some of these out to the fannys on there Saturday.

ggaHgcf.jpg

They bringing it up because the smoke singles from FSG towards social media arse lickers and all the scousers in the media! It’s how FSG work they are utter scum
FSG spends a fortune on their social media marketing across the world. The main focus is obviously promoting the LFC brand but they also carry out negative campaigns against their commercial rivals. It is a matter of record that they have carried out smear campaigns against City by leaking negative information to the media. None of this is illegal of course but the fact they have also admitted illegally hacking our data systems suggests it may just be the tip of a very large iceberg. I am still waiting with bated breath for the result of the investigation into the leaking of confidential financial information(from MCFC) from the UEFA FFP investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.