Medical tonight ...

sdavros said:
stu9488 said:
Have you tried the possibility that its something else causing the injury? With a hamstring you need to A)find out whats causing it and B)needs resting 6months is excessive but certainly 3-4 months if its a bad tear!

first off he told me it was my knee (I have a weakness in my right knee from a dislocation and ligament damage) but that's my right knee and i've been doing my left hammie.

more recently the club are examining my hips and back as there seems to be a problem there. It's utterly frustrating. I haven't finished 90 minutes in 18 months and am now a big fat bastard.

Cheers for the reply mate.

It could be linked to a groin problem mate, theres lots of smaller injuries that lead to more serious ones. Keep going to see a physio and keep excercising.

stu9488 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Oh look who came out of the woodworks again, stu9488 .

You already tried to be an ITK over at mancityfans and failed completely why don't you give it a rest son?

:)

I was fed bad info with a lad I worked with, and so dont post any info as we dont get any now, not claiming ITK at all just posting honest info as I work in the department.

Sure sure. :)

avoidconfusion said:
stu9488 said:
avoidconfusion said:

You already tried to be an ITK over at mancityfans and failed completely why don't you give it a rest son?

I was fed bad info with a lad I worked with, and so dont post any info as we dont get any now, not claiming ITK at all just posting honest info as I work in the department.

You dont have to take anything I say as gospel lol but anything connected to Medicals or any fitness injury stiff comes from me and only me and is very accurate!

stu9488 said:
avoidconfusion said:
stu9488 said:
avoidconfusion said:

You dont have to take anything I say as gospel lol but anything connected to Medicals or any fitness injury stiff comes from me and only me and is very accurate!

Sorry but after all the bullshit you said on mancityfans about Scott Parker, Luis Fabiano, David Villa, Kolo Toure and Roque Santa Cruz I am not going to believe jack shit that comes from you. :)

No offense!

None taken! It wasnt my info I was just passing on, but the stuff I have posted recently is from me. That was in Jan anyway and I have learnt that people "inside the club" dont know fuk all either. The things I have posted recently come from me as its what I do.

Aussie! said:
meh, most people on here dont know shit- or any forums for that matter, i wouldnt take ITK's too seriously avoidconfusion -

That's actually the point I was trying to make, I am not taking them seriously (with the exception of some like Blue2112, spursmad and URG perhaps). :)

stu9488 said:
Jnr Kisby said:
stu9488 said:
Bog Off! lol

haha, serious question now, how long on average does a medical take?

Depends what needs to be done really mate, a fit healhty player with no injury history will take around an hour. Complex medicals can take upto 3 hours.

My original post was from a family member who works at 'the hospital', anyway, were done with that episode and hopefully all thats been cleared up.

What does a medical entail, is it just abit of a circuit workout, or something weird and wonderful on a machine?

Big G said:
stu9488 said:
Jnr Kisby said:
stu9488 said:
Bog Off! lol

haha, serious question now, how long on average does a medical take?

Depends what needs to be done really mate, a fit healhty player with no injury history will take around an hour. Complex medicals can take upto 3 hours.

My original post was from a family member who works at 'the hospital', anyway, were done with that episode and hopefully all thats been cleared up.

What does a medical entail, is it just abit of a circuit workout, or something weird and wonderful on a machine?

The first part of the medical will be undertaken by the club doctor, who will ascertain the player's medical history during the subjective examination. In the case of a foreign player, it may be necessary for the player's agent and/or interpreter to be present.

The club doctor will check for any previous significant illnesses and ask if the player has had any operations in the past. In addition, the doctor will check the family history of the player, which may be indicative of hereditary conditions.

Apart from major illnesses or operations, the doctor will check for past sporting injuries, which should be recorded in the player's medical file, made available by the selling club. This will give a picture of how often the player has missed training or matches and if the player has had any recurrent injuries such as hamstring strains or ankle sprains.

The subjective examination is followed by a thorough physical examination of all muscles and joints. The doctor and physiotherapist will assess the range of motion in each joint and compare it with the normal values. Some football clubs use isokinetic devices which give an indication of muscle strength. Some conditions can reveal themselves due to characteristic readouts from this machine.

Once the musculoskeletal system has been checked a more routine examination is undertaken, including checking height, weight, body fat, lung capacity, pulse rate and blood pressure. In addition vision, hearing and dental health are checked. An electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram are usually undertaken to rule out cardiac abnormalities.

The findings of the subjective and objective examinations will lead the doctor to order more specific diagnostic tests if required. For example, if the player has had a previous surgical reconstruction of an anterior cruciate ligament rupture, and there is laxity in the joint when it is examined, it may be necessary to have a repeat MRI scan of the affected knee to check its integrity. Or, if the player has complained of not feeling well in the past, the doctor may order blood tests.

If a problem arises, it may be necessary to refer the player on to a consultant, who can assess the player and advise the buying club on his medical status and prognosis. These supposedly routine examinations take three days, since the buying club must arrange for the player to see the consultant and have diagnostic tests at very short notice. It is not simply a case of opening the player's mouth and getting him to say "aagh"!

stu9488 said:
sdavros said:
stu9488 said:
Have you tried the possibility that its something else causing the injury? With a hamstring you need to A)find out whats causing it and B)needs resting 6months is excessive but certainly 3-4 months if its a bad tear!

first off he told me it was my knee (I have a weakness in my right knee from a dislocation and ligament damage) but that's my right knee and i've been doing my left hammie.

more recently the club are examining my hips and back as there seems to be a problem there. It's utterly frustrating. I haven't finished 90 minutes in 18 months and am now a big fat bastard.

Cheers for the reply mate.

It could be linked to a groin problem mate, theres lots of smaller injuries that lead to more serious ones. Keep going to see a physio and keep excercising.

Did I stray into an nhs forum by mistake?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.