Meet Wilfried Bony (club keeps promise)

Re: Meet Wilfried Bony, Club changes original promise

Eccles Blue said:
Plain Speaking said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
This thread is comedy gold. Someone assumes that because they bought a shirt quickly, they've won a competition that they haven't been told they've won and that the club is welching on a promise. Then instead of speaking to the club, the OP comes on here and doesn't seem to have the nous to work out how to find a phone number so he can contact them.

I simply refuse to believe that anyone could be so stupid (although I've been on here long enough to know they can) so I've just been looking at other threads the OP has started:

The one before this was this one, complaining about the City annual:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308908</a>

The one before that was about Jovetic being injured for Montenegro so that's OK but the one before that was this one, complaining about our failure to practice penalties for the pre-season USA tournament:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304111</a>

Back in 2013 there was this classic, complaining that the club shop didn't stock enough wall posters and how did we expect to pass FFP if we didn't stock a selection of wall poster: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292859</a>

I'm thinking the OP is a very clever WUM and he's sucked quite a few of you in with this.
Thanks PB You've obviously been all through my previous posts. :)

There is certainly no wumming. If you check you Moderator's logs you will notice I have reported many wummers myself.

All the threads you quote have one thing in common. Trying to help the club and staff, with feedback, to improve it's professionalism and to be more successful.

I have kids that who want to buy City posters from the shop/online, (I politely suggested they would sell well if they stocked them),...

my kids were frustrated this Christmas by obvious errors in this years City Annual (It had been issued with a circulation of tens of thousands without basic proof reading)...

and I passed the opinion the club should practise penalties more, to progress in this summers international competition in the USA, (everyone likes a winner, particularly the US audience).

In this case I do not believe there have been any "first 50 winners" invited to meet Bony. Certainly no one has come forward in this thread so far.

My son was waiting for days for Bony to sign, each day he would come home from school and ask "has he signed yet." I am 100% certain we would have been in the first 50 sales. Maybe it was difficult to administer as first envisaged? Maybe inadequate records were kept?

The original promise to meet Bony seems to have been replaced by the first come first serve advertised yesterday.

The bold and underlined sentence (or part sentence) would be correct and admirable IF you were providing the feedback to the CLUB. I know that Ric is a GOD but he is NOT the club any more than the rest of us are, if you want to provide feedback surely you provide it to the person who provided you with the service??

So, as has been stated, you are either a WUM or are not reading the responses on here properly!!
Sending an email or letter to the club is likely to be filed away with no action taken. Forums like BM enable ordinary fans to raise feedback and legitimate concerns with a wider audience. I'm sure there are plenty of BM users who work at the club.

Phoned up this morning, after about half an hour, still waiting for a satisfactory response.

Unless you know for certain that your purchase was one of the first 50 I honestly don't think you have an argument.

Blue Punter said:
oakiecokie said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
This thread is comedy gold. Someone assumes that because they bought a shirt quickly, they've won a competition that they haven't been told they've won and that the club is welching on a promise. Then instead of speaking to the club, the OP comes on here and doesn't seem to have the nous to work out how to find a phone number so he can contact them.

I simply refuse to believe that anyone could be so stupid (although I've been on here long enough to know they can) so I've just been looking at other threads the OP has started:

The one before this was this one, complaining about the City annual:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308908</a>

The one before that was about Jovetic being injured for Montenegro so that's OK but the one before that was this one, complaining about our failure to practice penalties for the pre-season USA tournament:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304111</a>

Back in 2013 there was this classic, complaining that the club shop didn't stock enough wall posters and how did we expect to pass FFP if we didn't stock a selection of wall poster: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292859</a>

I'm thinking the OP is a very clever WUM and he's sucked quite a few of you in with this.

Perhaps a ban hammer is in the offering ? ;)

That's a bit harsh. This is one of the rare threads on here that everyone unanimously agrees on. Everyone but the OP that is!

I thought the COC was against wumming ? Personally I`ve never had to resort to such tactics. ;)

Plain Speaking said:
In this case I do not believe there have been any "first 50 winners" invited to meet Bony. Certainly no one has come forward in this thread so far.

My son was waiting for days for Bony to sign, each day he would come home from school and ask "has he signed yet." I am 100% certain we would have been in the first 50 sales. Maybe it was difficult to administer as first envisaged? Maybe inadequate records were kept?

The original promise to meet Bony seems to have been replaced by the first come first serve advertised yesterday.

There's a way you could clarify those bold points you know, it might have been mentioned once or twice. Until then all this is is a moaning thread without any factual basis to support it.

Taking the basic, provable, currently supportable facts all we've got is, guy buys shirt, City advertise 2 different competitions to meet Wilfried Bony.

I have just received a phone call from Alex at the club saying I could bring my son to meet Bony at 2pm tomorrow. He is delighted.

Plain Speaking said:
I have just received a phone call from Alex at the club saying I could bring my son to meet Bony at 2pm tomorrow. He is delighted.

Really? What a bunch of fucking cunts, they're fucking disgraceful, how dar.... Oh right, sorry, I got things arseways and over-reacted there.

Plain Speaking said:
Did he confirm that you were one of the original competition winners?

Plain Speaking said:

Okay I'm convinced this has all been a wind up now. That's just too comical.

Pablo1 said:
Plain Speaking said:
Did he confirm that you were one of the original competition winners?
He said I was. I suspect it helped to raise the issue on here?

I still believe "the first 50 shirt sales" meet Bony was replaced by the "first 75 fans" to come to the City store. The club is looking to generate maximum revenue from sales. I understand that and with half term on us they want to get the shop store packed. There were probably a good number of the "first 50" shirts sold abroad and it would have been unrealistic to have expected a good attendance from those.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.