Mehdi Benatia

waspish said:
How is it other clubs take the piss and usually end up with around what they want and we get pissed about and lucky to get say 2m for Mica Richards with the "English" inflation never working in our favour

Other clubs don't "have oil money". City's seen as rich and everyone wants a slice.

I'm guessing Porto is getting a phone call or two any second now...

Also Morocco's national team aren't very good anyways, so they will probably get bounced in the first round so it's not like Benatia will be gone for a month... Because Morocco won't be going far in this tournament.

MCFCUSA said:
pudge & rodge said:
MCFCUSA said:
As being a fan of both clubs, I feel that this offer is fair for both teams... City get one of the best centerbacks in the world in benatia to accompany Kompany (no pun inteneded) in what is now a win now phase for City, while having Rekik and Boyata for the future. On the other hand, Roma get a good amount of cash plus a starting quality centerback to replace one of the best cbs in the world in Benatia.
You almost had me
Heh? Not sure how I almost had you... But if City get Benatia they will have the best centerback pairing in the WORLD in Benatia-Kompany... Trust me, I have watched Benatia every game this year at Roma, he is world class, and will shine in the Premier Leauge and in the Champions leauge...
That Boyata is one for the future, it was a good one I'll give you that

Any time we have to field Boyata at centre half, or anywhere else, we are fuct Im afraid. Nice lad and all that, homegrown and organic but sadly nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Rekik comes in to the equation I suppose but run this by me again - 30m AND Nastasic, for a guy who will pee off for 5 weeks in January to the ACON and which is basically on the back of 1 good season in a declining Seria A? Call me old fashioned but I think we'd be absolutely bonkers to part with Nastasic at all, and certainly not for this guy. Id want Hummels, Subotic or someone of that ilk for that price tag.

Dont forget Txiki did one of the worst swap deal ever probably at Barca when he gave 40m€+Eto for Ibra and then 12 months later they had to accept the famous Italian shit deal from Milan loan+option to buy for Ibra for a very low amount.:DD
(After that Eto was crucial at Inter in their CL winning.)

See that's where you guys are mistaken, Benatia has had more than 1 good season in Serie A. He was one of the top 3 centerbacks in the Leauge during his time at Udinese.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
nmc said:
MCFCUSA said:
The article also said Nastasic's agent has Been to Roma's training ground in the past couple of days. Maybe we actually will offer 30m + Nastasic if He actually would want to move back to Italy to Roma.

That would be the worst deal we have done since Steve Daley - 30m plus Nastasic. Tell them to do one. He's worth 30m tops!

mate......its 30mil euros......£24mil cash......plus Nastasic!

For fear of being labelled a ITK wanker I have just texted my Dad to ask him to ask a drinking buddy of his if Nastys Agent(its his mates Brother in Law) has been to Rome re Nasty....worth a go.

I read 23 mill plus Nasty. If true and City considering it then I can only presume Rekik will come into the equation. Leaves us with more money to maybe use for a Yaya replacement/Sanchez type if those rumours are true while helping balance books and get someone off the wages. Not saying I agree with it as the Nasty we saw when he arrived had massive potential, but I can see why City would consider it

Tbilisi said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
nmc said:
That would be the worst deal we have done since Steve Daley - 30m plus Nastasic. Tell them to do one. He's worth 30m tops!

mate......its 30mil euros......£24mil cash......plus Nastasic!

For fear of being labelled a ITK wanker I have just texted my Dad to ask him to ask a drinking buddy of his if Nastys Agent(its his mates Brother in Law) has been to Rome re Nasty....worth a go.

Worth a try mate!;) let us know how you get on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.